Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Katyn victims

Article about: Copy of a letter sent by his wife to Red Cross in Chicago, USA. She explains that she had not heard of her husband, other than through other people. She says that he was last seen working at

Default Re: Katyn victims

Very interesting post,would love to see some more.
    Thanks and cheers mate.

Hi Itakdalej

Thanks for posting these facinating images. Having lost a great uncle at Katyn from Kozielsk camp I really appreciate the significance of these artifacts. Curious as to how you obtained these items because I am looking to obtain images of my uncle's identification recovered from Katyn and documented in LISTA KATYNSKA by Adam Moszynski. Any help or suggestions you can offer would be very much appreciated. You can contact me privately if you like.

Regards
    Chris..........

Chris, if you would like to pm me your uncle's name and rank I will see what I can find out.
    The artifacts that I have came from families of the victims. They were preserved for 60 plus years and in some cases wifes still refusing to believe that husbands were dead and until their dying day believing that their beloved husbands would come home.
    I presume that you are refering to things that were found with the remains and what have helped to id the victims, if so that is a story in itself, one I will post soon as time permits.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

Itakdalej, yes was refering to items that were found with the remains. PM sent.
    Thanks
    Chris............

This picture was the only one left in the family and was given to us by a descendant.
    The bio is from book "Miednoje" Ksiega Cmentarna.
    Police Vice Chief Wiktor Jozef Bibillo, volunteer in 1920 russian war, wounded, then he became police officer and police Chief. His family was sent to work camp in Northern russia, got repatriated to Poland in 1945. That they brought this picture of him with them is a miracle. Usually when arrested and sent to camps they were only given few minutes, sometimes no minutes to grab what they could.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Last edited by Krakow1; 12-30-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Here are a couple of early books about "Katyn"

First one put out in 1943 in occupied Warsaw. Very first book on the subject. Of course written/censored by germans. However the images...
    Attached are couple of images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

This is a "Katyn massacre in light of documents" with foreword by General Anders. Put out in London, i bellieve this to be the first edition (1948). They really did a great investigation in this book but everyone refused to listen.
    Also couple of images of Generals :Smorawinski and Bohatyrewicz.

Katyn victims  

Number of doctors murdered is quiet large.

Here is Por Adam Gebica, doctor. Field surgeon.

Here is a letter to Dr Gebica from group of doctors dated 5 April 1939. It says that to prevent panic in the upcoming war they ask doctors to go and do public speaches to selected audiences.

his prescription pad, next paper is to pay registration dues. Dated 18 March 1938.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast