Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Katyn victims

Article about: Copy of a letter sent by his wife to Red Cross in Chicago, USA. She explains that she had not heard of her husband, other than through other people. She says that he was last seen working at

Default Re: Katyn victims

Undated questionare, but pre-dating the above, one of the questions is:
    "Do You know if Por Stach was on a german list/or published in german papers"
    She answers: "I have no idea"
    German lists were published in 1943, they are the earliest lists, also referred to as the "am lists."
    The next question was:
    "When did You receive last letter/postcard from him and where was it from?"
    She says in march 1940.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

Itakdalej, truly a superb grouping. Museum caliber. Easily the best Katyn associated grouping I have seen. Many thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Try Here .....

Index of Victims of Soviet Repression

Gary J.

Emil Stach ..... murdered April 1940 - NKVD records ..

Szczegó
    Thank you Gary. I will check it for references to my uncle.

A very terrible tragedy for all who lost friends and relatives to Soviet brutality.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Itakdalej, truly a superb grouping. Museum caliber. Easily the best Katyn associated grouping I have seen. Many thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,
    Tony
    Thanks as always for kind words Tony. I have more to post on the subject, but I am away until Tuesday and I will post more.

Rotmistz Waclaw Szczesniak, Polish Army 1918 volunteer.
    Also had a degree as master of pharmacy.

This picture is from Rotm. Medwicz collection. On the top it says" Krakow Cavalry Brigade, HQ" Summer manouvers 1936.
    Below: in the side car Lt Szczesniak W. /3 PU HQ officer and some others.

His documents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Below is some items i recently purchased over the Christmas period in Poland. I think it is best to give a brief description of what i have so as not to cause any mix ups.

I was shown an item recently handed in to a Antykwariat of a pre War Legitymacja Osobista of Stanisław Roubo. With it i bought two photos of his brother a Witold Roubo with messeges on the back.

Witold who is in the two pictures was murdered in Charków in 1940. There is more information about him on the internet and photos that his relatives kept.
    The Legitymacja Osobista of Stanisław Roubo

Photos of his brother Witold Roubo

I have no idea why the family wished to part with such personal family history material, to me is without sense.

Boleslaw Blazej Antoni Szwarzenberg-Czerny, Colonel, posthoumously made general in 2007. Murdered in Charkow.
    Until 1918 in austrian army. Then commanding 9 th Infantry Legions Regiment, then 30 Rifle Regiment (Kaniowski) then commanding 6th Regiment Highland Rifles and in 1935 commanding a NCO school in Bydgoszcz.
    1939- commanding Infantry in 24th Infantry Division, then taking over after Colonel Krzyzanowski had a nervous breakdown. Fighting a magnificent fight against germans,(described by some as heroic) trying to go to Lwow and the 24th becomes annihilated and rest of personnel taken in soviet captivity.
    Described by some higher ups as magnificent tactician.

Last picture comes from Rotmistrz Medwicz collection.
    He is on the left with unsheathed saber.
    Middle picture: he is the one with the feather in his hat (Highlander Rgt).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Katyn victims  

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast