Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Katyn victims

Article about: Copy of a letter sent by his wife to Red Cross in Chicago, USA. She explains that she had not heard of her husband, other than through other people. She says that he was last seen working at

Default Re: Katyn victims

I want to learn a name, to whom пренодлежала. Has got from black archeologists I know precisely that from Katyni. That person even there has found the grandfather in a burial place.

Hi Dzianis, and welcome.

Unfortunately I don't believe that there are surviving records that provide the names of the recipients of the Przemysl Star by serial number.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi, thanks. Regards, Denis

Here is a picture of Cpt Juliusz Szczesny Niklas. His bio below is from the book:
    "Charkov - Cementary Book" The book does not have his picture, but hopefully if there is next edition I would gladly give them the picture.
    He was a Cpt (my compatible translation for Tabory is wagon train, supply train (back then moved by horses)
    Picture shows him with the #5 on his shoulder straps for the 5th Tabor Division.
    In WW1 he served in austrian army, got captured by russians in 1916, was wounded. He was a teacher.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Here is a picture of Por (reserves) Stanislaw Lewandowski who got murdered in Katyn.
    His bio is from "Katyn - Cementary Book "
    He fought in defense of Lwow in 1918, the 1920 Polish russian war.
    He was also a teacher.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims   Katyn victims  

Here is a picture of Major Franciszek Zukowski. He got his VM # 1087 for Polish soviet war 1920 as a member of 29th Kaniowski Regiment.
    Look at the VM hanging off the picture frame and the one that he is wearing in the picture. He left home about 1st September 1939 and was not heard of since. His name is NOT on any missing, KIA, Katyn lists. Most likely killed somewhere in Ukraine.
    The picture and the VM was given to my brother by Mjr Zukowski's surviving daughter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

Here is bio of Por reserve Aleksander Teodor Mazur, he was a high school teacher. Mobilized into KOP ( Corps of Border Protection), batalion "Orany".
    Wounded in 1939 by Brzesc on river Bug. Born in 1914 in Grebow, county Tarnobrzeg. Unfortunately I have not been able to fing any pictures of him.
    I have 3 letters that survived. One is from Starobielsk Camp, and two other from POW camp in Szepetowka, Wolyn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn victims  

Here is the first letter dated 25 October 1940. Por Mazur says that he is sending this letter with soldiers that are being released from captivity, that he was wounded on 9 Sept 1939 but that he is doing better and he worries about his parents. This letter has no address so most likely somone who knew him had delivered it.
    At that time in Szepetowka, Wolyn the soviets imprisoned about 12 thousand Polish POW's. They were releasing soldiers, however officers went to camps like Starobielsk.

Another letter also from Szepetowka, same date, only this one has been addressed. Same content, they often written in duplicate to make sure at least one of this unofficial letters got delivered.

Here is his official post card from Starobielsk Camp dated 16 February 1940. Because of space they had to write very small letters and these letters were censored. He writes that he is doing ok, that he does not need anything, that they are being given everything. The address on the card is the same as on the letter above. There are russian and german cancellation stamps on the card.
    Another Officer and a teacher.......

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast