Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for Information about 48th Infantry Regiment

Article about: Greetings All, My grandfather served in the 48th Infantry Regiment in 1939 and I have been attempting research for a number of years. Not much information has been written about this regimen

?

Default Looking for Information about 48th Infantry Regiment

Greetings All,

My grandfather served in the 48th Infantry Regiment in 1939 and I have been attempting research for a number of years. Not much information has been written about this regiment unfortunately. Even the original badge is extremely difficult to find, although I have been lucky enough to find one.

I am especially interested in knowing if the regimental banner had survived. I have been unsuccessful in confirming if it exists in the museum in Warsaw (they have not responded to my enquiries) and I understand that the Sikorski Institute has some, but I have not contacted them yet.

Also if anyone has photos of this regiment, individual soldiers, etc, and are willing to share, this would be greatly appreciated.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: Looking for Information about 48th Infantry Regiment

Hi Mike,

It still exists, it was evacuated from France in 1940 and now resides in the General Sikorski Museum in London according to listing in Kazimierz Satora's Book on Military Standard.

I will look through my photographs to see if I can find anything.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi Mike,

I just thought that you might like to know if you don't already that the 48ppsk standard was presented to the Regiment on the 29th September 1924 in Stanislawow by General of Division Wladyslaw Sikorski.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Mike, you probably already have these Polish language write ups on the 48PPSK regimental badge from the Wielecki-Sieradzki and Filipow references, but just in case. I'll look to see what else I can dig up.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for Information about 48th Infantry Regiment   Looking for Information about 48th Infantry Regiment  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Greetings and thanks,

i was trying to remember Kazimierz Satora's book but couldn't at the time of my post. It is one book that I have been having difficulties tracking down. It is my impression from the history of the 49th regiment, who fought alongside the 48th, that the standard of the 49th was destroyed and buried during the September campaign. I am hoping that the 48th standard did not suffer the same fate.

I have seen the Wielecki-Sieradzki reference, however do not remember seeing the Filipow one.

I do have a photo showing the standard of the 17th regiment. Does Satora's book mention this one?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike

The answer is yes Satora's book does mention the Standard of the 48PPSK, 1 will try to upload a photo of the standards in the first floor back room of the Sikorski Museum which clearly shows the standard.

Watch this space

Andrzejku

Hi Mike,

The attached image shows some of the Regimental standards in the Sikorski Museum, the 48PPSK Standard is the one with the Orange ribbon attached with the date 1931

Best wishes

Andrzejku

[IMG]=https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=191425&d=13013887387[/IMG]

Hi Mike,

Apologies photo would not attach I will try again

?

Greetings andrzejku98,

I am holding my breath in anticipation--turning a bit blue, but still holding my breath. For me, this is like the Holy Grail!!

Thank you,

Mike