Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski

Article about: hello, I write a book about Polish transatlantic liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski. I'm looking for a photos of these vessels from the period of WWII. Is anyone here have, or know where I

Default Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski

hello,
    I write a book about Polish transatlantic liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski. I'm looking for a photos of these vessels from the period of WWII. Is anyone here have, or know where I can find these pictures? I found some in Australian War Museum, and in Imperial War Museums but I need some more.
    Best regards
    Greg

Default Re: Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski

see
    http://www.audiovis.nac.gov.pl/search/

Quote by rogas86 View Post
    hello,
    I write a book about Polish transatlantic liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski. I'm looking for a photos of these vessels from the period of WWII. Is anyone here have, or know where I can find these pictures? I found some in Australian War Museum, and in Imperial War Museums but I need some more.
    Best regards
    Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski 

Getty Images have four:

Mirrorpix have one:

Have you tried asking on:

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=47695

Below from: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum:

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski  
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-07-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

One recently sold on ebay:

Try contacting the seller they may have more

I would also try all the other photograph sellers on ebay.com who have large collections of old news images from defunct US newspapers

Attached are a few photos I found on eBay today:

Ebay link:

Also have you contacted the Sikorski Inst. and the Polish Library at POSK in London? Given the wartime history of these Polish ships there is every chance either or both archives might have photographs.

Good luck with your research.... and book!
    Attached Images Attached Images Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski 
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-07-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi Greg, here’s a contest promotion from the Polish Pavilion at the 1939 New York World’s Fair. The 1st prize was a free cruise to Poland aboard one of these ocean liners. Contest deadline is marked as midnight August 31, 1939. Of course, we all know what happened the following morning.

“Winners of trips to Poland may choose to go any time in 1939 or 1940”.

It’s a shame that a dude with a funny moustache spoiled a nice vacation for someone.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski   Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Moving this thread to the pre-WW2 forum, and adding this nice looking M/S Piłsudski commemorative medal issued in 1935. This one remains complete with its original case. Photos taken from Allegro auction. The ship's prow displays the ""Za wierną służbę" (For Faithful Service) Polish 1st Legion Brigade badge

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski   Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski  

Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski   Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Very interesting commemorative medal. Thanks for posting.

?

I number of years ago I acquired these items as a single lot:
    An original postcard from the M/S Pilsudski with a ship cancellation from 1937
    A cast replica of the M/S Pilsudski
    A 8x10 colorized photo of two children in Polish dress. It appears the photo was taken in the US by the car in the photo
    The young boys military uniform seen in the photo.

I do have a large framed original B/W photo of the M/S Pilsdski but its packed away.

I'll post photos of the other items when I dig them out.

cheers,
    Piwo

Luxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s PilsudskiLuxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s PilsudskiLuxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s PilsudskiLuxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s PilsudskiLuxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s PilsudskiLuxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s PilsudskiLuxury polish liners m/s Batory and m/s Pilsudski