Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Military Timepieces

Article about: Fantastic topic. Speaking about pre war Polish Air Force watches there was one not long time ago on one of the listings. Acording to the description it seems to be from PZL P-37 bomber. Real

Default Re: Military Timepieces

Fantastic topic. Speaking about pre war Polish Air Force watches there was one not long time ago on one of the listings. Acording to the description it seems to be from PZL P-37 bomber. Really nice piece although poor photos.

I own German 1947 Urofa/Ufag caliber 61 by Glasshutte. It is a small reminder of my Grandfather's service in Polish Army. I recently renovated it a bit and i am using it everyday.

Pat15567, thanks for your post. Now that Gerlach clock is a rarity if actually from P-37 Łoś Bomber! Amazing how the phosphorescent numerals still glow so brightly.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Well, it does look like "chronometr" that was located on the port-side of commander-navigator-bombardier's cockpit. Similar one was also located on port-side near to co-pilot's seat in training, two-seater version of PZL.37. Great find. What was the closing price?

Regards,
    MJU

3mk
    ?

Beautiful Examples

Hi, I´m not very good at posting and maybe this is the wrong place, so if it is then please forgive me. I picked up this pocket watch in a bric a brac market, the dial is ceramic and unmarked except for swiss made at the bottom of the dial, the case & movement are marked D922 there is a brass cylindrical button on the side which acts as a stop watch for fractions of a second. Strange thing is the winder and crown are at the 3 o´clock position.I have a couple of pics I can upload if needed. Is it a miltary watch? Cheers, Roland.

Hi Roland, if the watch has a Polish military connection then you have found the the right place. Please post the pictures and if necessary we'll steer you to the right section of the forum where you may be able to obtain more information on your pocket watch.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Military TimepiecesMilitary TimepiecesHere are a couple ofpics, not very good ones.

Military TimepiecesMilitary TimepiecesMilitary TimepiecesFew more pics showing movement etc.

Hi Roland,

This watch doesn’t have any visible pre-WW2 Polish military connection so I cannot offer you much in the way of information. I suggest that you open a thread in “The Western Allies” section, under “Equipment and Field Gear”, which seems to be the most appropriate sub-forum .

Best wishes,
    Tony

O.K. Tony, Many thanks for your time. Cheers, Roland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast