Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle

Article about: Hi, I recently dug this tin/iron cup ( 4 cm height) up from my garden in Belgium. I was wondering, doen anyone recognise this type of eagle? I assume it's a World War 2 artifact from the pol

Default mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle

Hi,

I recently dug this tin/iron cup ( 4 cm height) up from my garden in Belgium.

I was wondering, doen anyone recognise this type of eagle? I assume it's a World War 2 artifact from the polish army.

What would the CF in the middle of the eagle stand for?

Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks!mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle

Default Re: mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle

Hello Misterdsp, and welcome to the forum. Definitely an unusual garden find! The eagle does appear Polish, but the crowned eagle image is shared by other groups as well. I believe the letter on the eagle’s breast is actually an “ E “ in Old English font. Are there any marks, perhaps on the base?

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony, thanks for your reply! There are no marks at the bottom. But I think you're right with the E! Which other countries or regions would have used a crowned eagle against a red background you think?

?

Spain?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Misterdsp, and welcome to the forum. Definitely an unusual garden find! The eagle does appear Polish, but the crowned eagle image is shared by other groups as well. I believe the letter on the eagle’s breast is actually an “ E “ in Old English font. Are there any marks, perhaps on the base?

Regards,
    Tony

Good call but the font could equally be old German black gothic script which is very similar to Old English and might indicate a Germanic origin rather than Polish? Just a thought?

Could the cup be aluminium/alloy rather than tin/iorn as it doesn't look rusted or oxidized?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Looks like it might be made of spelter or possibly pewter. Sorry, I can't help ID it, as many used a similar design of eagle and it might not be military.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would say German seeing as I have the same stickpin badge, without crown, which is made in Pforzheim.
    Always wondered what it was for...

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle  mysterious tin cup with heraldic eagle 

It is an older emblem of Eintracht Frankfurt football club!!!

The stick badge is made by the h. Dierlamm Pforzheim company

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great! That settles it! Thanks for solving this little mystery ;-)

Yes, thank you. According to this site, Eintracht Frankfurt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , mine comes from around the 1920's. Now just to find someone who collects sports memorabilia. :-)

Tom