Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Prewar VIS Holster

Article about: From everything that I learned on these holsters from this forum, I think this is a good one. It has an older smell to the leather and wear/rub marks in all the places which would indicate u

Default New Prewar VIS Holster

From everything that I learned on these holsters from this forum, I think this is a good one. It has an older smell to the leather and wear/rub marks in all the places which would indicate usage by a VIS 35. I invite any comments/thoughts. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Prewar VIS Holster   New Prewar VIS Holster  

New Prewar VIS Holster   New Prewar VIS Holster  

New Prewar VIS Holster  

Default Re: New Prewar VIS Holster

more pix
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Prewar VIS Holster   New Prewar VIS Holster  

Final pix

Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

You’ve cerrtainly made a spectacular entrance with this holster. To my eye is looks entirely genuine. If it's a fake then it's the most convincing fake I've ever seen and has me fooled. Absolutely stunning condition, easily as good as any I‘ve encountered.

Kirjacki is a recognized maker, and seeing the crisp clear maker’s stamp caused me to do a double take as to whether it is in fact 3/4 of a century old. But I have no reason to suspect it is not. The shoulder strap and pre-war mags are a super bonus. My congratulations if you are the lucky owner!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Super nice holster. Welcome to the forum.
    IMO one of the best, if not the best, pistol to emerge from that era. A good condition holster would just be a bonus.

Thank you to both and especially to Tony. I had been reading your prior posts in the forum on things to look for when purchasing one of these. I remember one of the key elements was to find wear marks. When I saw this holster, at first I did a double take like you as I thought the markings were too clear and crisp to be original. However, as I looked at the wear marks, I figured that it would have taken somebody a great deal of time to artificially age this piece in all the "right" spots. The seller really didn't care about the holster either. He was more interested in the S block Radom that came in this (another good sign, as had he faked it, he would have touted the holster itself rather than the common pistol). So all in all, I had a good feeling in my stomach that this was a good one. I do have a question on the shoulder strap. How is it supposed to be used in conjunction with the D rings? Was it threaded through the rings as this one came or was there some sort of attachment? Thanks again and please know that in this case the value of the forum members in helping to educate was right on target! Mike

Hi again Mike,

So am I to understand that the previous cared only for the pistol and let you have the holster and mags? Does he have all his marbles??! His loss was definitely your gain. He’ll see at least a couple of dozen pre-war Vis pistols before another holster of this quality pops up.

Re. the shoulder strap, to my understanding the correct installation has each end of the strap secured to the D-ring, rather than passing through.in a continuous loop . I’m away from home at the moment, but will strive to post more detailed information later.

Do you have any pictures of the pistol, or know what the year of manufacture was? Also, do you know any of the past history of this Vis set?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, the rig came with an occupation 3 lever Radom (S block serial range). Nice gun but nothing special. Basically he charged me only for the pistol and nothing for the holster/mags. He also told me that he thinks he has the cleaning rod and will get it to me once he finds it. No history on the gun, but my gut feeling is that either 1) some GI matched the holster with a wartime gun or brought it home that way or 2) the entire prewar rig came home and the pistol got separated some where along the way and somebody stuck the wartime VIS in there afterwards? He used the pistol as a shooter and wasn't a collector. Who knows and it really doesn't matter I guess. This is one of those deals which happens in a blue moon and I definately was a lucky guy being in the right place at the right time. I have a nice 1938 prewar VIS that I plan to put in the holster but have it in storage so I can't get you photos for a little while. I will be sure to post once I get everything together.

I saw the ends of the strap in York's book but my strap doesn't have the same type of ends. It is almost like a giant loop. So I am not sure exactly how it is supposed to go. From what I have gather in trying to research these, the straps are rare enough and I never came across one which would show how to fasten it.

Very nice and full 100% oryginal holster. Good job!

?

Spectacular find.......damn near worth more than the pistol that went in it......When I found my Vis holster I paid more for it than I did
    my 1937 Radom Vis..and it had a German magazine in it.....Grand Find Congrats