Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Pilsudski Signature?

Article about: Hello All, I recently picked up this document and would appreciate your thoughts. It is from 28 August 1930 and is an appointment for Kazimierz Duch (https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_

?

Default Original Pilsudski Signature?

Hello All,

I recently picked up this document and would appreciate your thoughts. It is from 28 August 1930 and is an appointment for Kazimierz Duch (https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_Duch) and is signed by the President, Prime Minister, and Minister of the Interior.

On 25 August 1930, Jozef Pilsudski was appointed Prime Minister until 4 December 1930. I am not a handwriting expert, but the signatures of Moscicki, Pilsudski, and Skladowski appear to be original "wet ink" signatures. However, even if they are hand signed I assume they could be secretarial.

If anyone is familiar with these type of documents, do you believe: a) the signatures are in fact "wet ink", and b) they would have been signed by them directly?

I know there are a lot of documents with a Pilsudski signature, but they always seem to be printed. In general, how rare is an original Pilsudski signature?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Brandon

Brandon, you should be able to discern a handwritten signature from a stamped facsimile by close examination through a 10X magnifier or stronger. Look for darkening in the “overlaps”, fading the ends, and even ink splatter at abrupt stops. This cannot be discerned easily from photos, and while I see signs of manual writing this cannot be positively determined from the ones provided here.

As to whether or not this is a “secretarial” signature, it will need to be determined to what extent he had documents signed for him, and if so, examples of those compared to known Pilsudski signed documents. So you’ve got your work cut out for you.

Best,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne