Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol

Article about: Here’s a very interesting Vis rig that was up for sale earlier this year. Fascinating provenance. Enjoy . . . Tony

Default Re: Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol

Here’s a very interesting Vis rig that was up for sale earlier this year. Fascinating provenance. Enjoy . . .

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol   Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  

Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol   Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  

Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol   Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  

Welcome aboard Andrzej!

Quote by andrzej View Post
    Nice looking Radom VIS rig Antek!
    And thank you in more ways than one, as you were instrumental in my acquisition of this pistol!

Andrzej, as you are one of the foremost collectors of this firearm here in North America we look forward to your contribution to this forum.

Best regards,
    Tony

Hot off the press, here’s an amazing story to share with you all that falls squarely into the “hard to believe” category:
    Quote by yumasun View Post
    Won't believe end of story | friend, gun, polish - Opinion - YumaSun
    February 15, 2010 7:30 PM
    A friend of mine, and fellow antique gun collector here in Yuma, knew I frequented gun shows to enhance my collection and asked me to try to find a certain gun for him.

He had been a bomber pilot stationed in England during WWII and there on the same base was a Polish fighter squadron that had refused to accept the German occupation of their country. My friend wanted to be a fighter pilot so he went to the Polish commander's office and talked him into letting him fly with them and was the Polish pilot's wingman for the rest of the war.

When a Polish pilot graduated from flight school, he was issued a pistol called a Radom. My friend was going to visit with him - he had immigrated to America after the war - and wanted to give him one of these guns as a Christmas present.

I was at a gun show in California and saw a young man with one of these pistols for sale. After inspecting it for Nazi proof marks, which were anathema to his Polish friend, I purchased the gun and gave it to my friend.

Sometime after Christmas, my friend called me and asked me to come to his office. When I walked in he turned pale and said, "You are not going to believe this."

He gave the gun to his friend and then left to fix himself a drink. When he returned he found his friend clutching the gun to his chest and sobbing uncontrollably. He asked what was the matter and his friend, unable to speak, handed him a sheet of paper that had the serial number of the gun he was issued when he graduated from flight school. They were one and the same.

ARTHUR K. PIRKLE, Yuma
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

If its true,Thats amazing!

Here's a clean original Vis wz.35 holster listed on Allegro recently. The opening price was ~8500zl (US$3016 / 1840GBP), and I don't think it sold. But the pics of this nice survivor were worth saving . . .

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol   Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Great thread on this pistol and holster, and a staggering
    one-in-a-million reunion story................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great thread on this pistol and holster, and a staggering
    one-in-a-million reunion story................!
    Actually, it's only about a one-in-50,000 reunion story as that was how many pre-war "eagle" pistols were made!

Regards,
    Tony

Beautiful early Radom. The bluing on it is nearly perfect. I've always liked the looks and feel to the early models before the Germans started messing with them and eliminating half their great features. Now,where's the shoulder stock?? lol William

Here's a nice original holster and cleaning rod set currently for sale. The the price holds someone will have made a good purchase.

Radom prewar WW2 holster : World War I / II at GunBroker.com

Regards,
    Tony

Attached Images Attached Images Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol 

john scott
    ?

I am new to this posting but i am very happy to gain the knowledge each of you has to share. In more than 25 years of looking at gun shows I have only seen two original holsters of this type but was not able to purchase because of the price. Thanks for the educational discussion of these items your knowledge is appreciated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast