Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol

Article about: Here’s a very interesting Vis rig that was up for sale earlier this year. Fascinating provenance. Enjoy . . . Tony

Default Re: Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol

I doubt that this holster is original ... seems to be very suspisious for me. I wouln't buy it ... maybe for a price around typical for modern reenactment replicas.

A current auction listing, here’s a genuine pre-war holster that after re-possession underwent some mods by its German owner. The original large single Polish belt loop has been reworked to fashion the twin loops in the German style.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  
    Attached Images Attached Images Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

To follow up my prior post, here’s a fascinating photo taken from the recent book “VIS Radom” by W.J. York showing captured Vis holsters. No word on whether the holsters still contain pistols.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A forlorn photo at that. I also find it interesting to see the other holsters to the left - any comments as to what pistols they are for? One appears to be a Luger holster but I'm not sure. Also note the discarded ammo clips and gas mask.

?

Great pic of all those holsters.

?

Hi,

Here is mine vis holster - battlefield relic, but has been found with original cleaning rod, one magazine & strap. Unfortunately no pistol and strap carabiner Condition is poor, holster leather is solid.

Here is a copy of vis holster made in 70's in Poland for film group company with the rod:

And my vis from 1938 (deact):

Regards,
    S.

Nice one Sebol, i think my holster copy is from the same man. What about lanyard ? Is it original ? Can't see the details of carabiner at the end of lanyard. In this replica holster's strap is made in wrong way - both ends are sewn to the d-ring.

Tony, do you recall what that German modified Polish Vis holster sold for on Allegro back in April? (post #42)

?

Hi pat,

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    Nice one Sebol, i think my holster copy is from the same man. What about lanyard ? Is it original ? Can't see the details of carabiner at the end of lanyard. In this replica holster's strap is made in wrong way - both ends are sewn to the d-ring.
    Yes I know about strap, the lanyard on fitst pic. is original but the carabiner is copy. On the botom pic. the lanyard is a copy but is made very close to the original and the carabiner has flat spring inside the loop - I'm not sure how the original one should look like.

Regards,
    S.

?

This looks like a modified version of the vis holster. What is your take on it?
    Extremley RARE ORIGINAL Polish Pre WW2 Polish RADOM VIS (P35) Holster. | eBay

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast