Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Plk Szuszkiewicz Antoni

Article about: Hello all, I am looking for information on colonel Antoni Szuszkiewicz., One time commander of 14 Jazlowiecki Lancers Regiment in Lvov. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Simon

Exclamation

Dear Claymes,

my name is Michał Czapała, I complete my PhD in military history at the University of Poznań. The person of Col. Szuszkiewicz interests me very much. I have copies of his war service records from Polish and Russian archives.

I would like very much to keep in touch with you. Unfortunately, I can't PM you...

If you have such a technical option would you be so kind to PM me?

Sincerely,
    Michał

Dear Jaxmon,

as far as I know before the outbreak of the WWII in September 1939 he worked as an enginner on some private company in Warsaw. After the German agression he left Poland and fled to France via Hungary and Yougoslavia. There he was appointed as a commandant of the Polish military camp near Paris, later - near Marseille. After the fall of France he rescued a lot of Polish soldiers by tranferring them to UK (I suppose). Eventually he left France and via Spain come to Portugal. In June 1941 Szuszkiewicz went to Canada to work as a military industry engineer in Ottawa. In Canada he spent WWII. He was married to Anna, nee Gowet. He and his wife created a burse in Wadysław Reymont Foundation in Canada for Polish students.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2