Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.

Article about: Here we go again.

Default Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.

Here are some Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era: I know that there is a 2nd Polish Legion belt buckle but not completely sure about the others.

I have posted some of these before. Any information would be very appreciated. Is there anything I should do to clean these buckles? How do I stop the corrosion? Thanks.

Polish 2nd Legion belt buckle

Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.

Unkown?

Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.

Galician Sokol belt buckle?

American Falcons belt buckles:

#3 (note rifle - shooting club buckle?)

Default Re: Polish and American belt buckles from the 2nd Republic era.

"Czolem Ojczyznie, szponem wrogowi" (Hail to Motherland, claw for an enemy) it was motto of Sokol (Falcon) organisation, so I suppose it is buckle of this organisation. Zwiazek Sokolstwa Polskiego w Ameryce ( ZSPwA) - Polish Falcon Asscociation in America was established in 1887. More, please find here: Sokó

Quote by taksometr View Post
    "Czolem Ojczyznie, szponem wrogowi" (Hail to Motherland, claw for an enemy) it was motto of Sokol (Falcon) organisation, so I suppose it is buckle of this organisation. Zwiazek Sokolstwa Polskiego w Ameryce ( ZSPwA) - Polish Falcon Asscociation in America was established in 1887. More, please find here: Sokó
    Tom,

Do you know of any belt buckle sites that discuss prewar Polish or Polish American belt buckles? Any thoughts on what the initials ZMP stand for, or the significance of the crossed rifles?

Also any opinion on the ID of the ornate belt buckle? I was told it was Galician Falcons but I have no evidence to support that assertion.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike, I think ZMP might be:

Zwiqzku Mlodziezy Polskiej w Amerjce — Polish Youth Alliance in America

Photo source CAW: Członkowie Związku Młodzieży Polskiej w Ameryce składają przysięgę w Szkole Wojskowej w Congres – 1916 r.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I think 4thSkorpion has right. It's probably this organisation. Unfortunately there is only a few informations about ZMP. I have found something about Polish organisations in US and also ZMP among them. Unfortunately it's in Polish and additionally in pdf (even no possibility to translate it by Uncle Google).
    http://liturgicalcenter.org/pdfy/Pol...onia/POL_4.pdf

I tried to find any discussion concerning Sokol buckles as Mike has requested but there is generally only one topic in Odkrywca's forum connected with Polish buckles and there mainly are only pictures.
    It seems your buckle Mike is the standard Sokol one. You can find the same pattern in different shapes in this thread:
    Klamry polskie w latach 1914-1939 - Oglnopolski miesicznik ODKRYWCA
    The only other known type is below (appears also in above mentioned thread) but I'm not sure is it really Sokol's buckle...

http://odkrywca.pl/forum_pics/picsforum25/sokol1.jpg
    http://odkrywca.pl/forum_pics/picsforum25/sokol1a.jpg
    http://odkrywca.pl/forum_pics/picsforum25/sokol1b.jpg

And for buckles fans several parts/threads (called Kolekcje klamer vol X - from 1 to 13)) with collections of buckles found in Poland:

ODKRYWCA.PL - kolekcje klamer

Forgive me guys, but I don't have times to drill down and find all 13 direct links.

Mike, please be patient wit the rest of story, I'm really busy now. Life...

Edit:
    What interesting...I have found advertisement in Gazeta Lwowska from 1901 ( Lvov Newspaper) and it seems Mr Krimmer traded products from oilcloth in this time. For my taste far from engraving, jewellery or metalworks...

Last edited by taksometr; 06-19-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks Tom,

You have provided me with more knowledge than I had before about these belt buckles.

I bought these years ago (before becoming a War Relics member) from an American auction site that was featuring a fairly large collection for auction - sabers, Polish swords, uniforms, hats, buckles, bayonets - I had never seen so many Polish items for sale in one place. Unfortunately as word got around the prices quickly rose beyond what I could afford to pay.

Luckily and thru some strategic bidding I was able to obtain these. But I had never been able to find out much more than what was mentioned on the auction site.

Once again, thank you.

Thanks, do you know anything more about the organization?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Mike, I think ZMP might be:

Zwiqzku Mlodziezy Polskiej w Amerjce — Polish Youth Alliance in America

Photo source CAW: Członkowie Związku Młodzieży Polskiej w Ameryce składają przysięgę w Szkole Wojskowej w Congres – 1916 r.

Only found one history on the subject:

Historya Związku Młodzieży Polskiej w Ameryce : obejmująca jedenastoletni okres działalności organizacyi, zaopatrzona odbitkami niektórych ważniejszych dokumentów
    Author: Stanisław Łempicki
    Publisher: Chicago : nakł. Wydziału Oświaty Z.M.P., 1905.

Available in Warsaw library
    Last edited by StefanM; 06-21-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here is a picture of General Mieczyslaw Norwid-Neugebauer who appears to be wearing the buckle that has a plate attached on the back from R. Krimmer, the fancy one in pictures above. General Norwid -Neugebauer was in charge of a secret Polish Association of Military in 1908 in Galicia, later he commanded Polish Rifle Teams, and later commanded in 1914 2nd Cadre Company, from 1915 Regiment Commander of 2nd Legions Brigade, may to July 1917 commanding the Third Legions Brigade. Later, on 3rd September 1939 sent to London to demand British Air Force help. Attachment 361969 Picture is from a book called "For Independence and Borders 1914-1921 "

Itakdalej would you repost the photo please. When I clicked on the attachment, I received an invalid link notification. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast