Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Polish Army Photo

Article about: Here is a new find - Polish Army parade - unknown date and location. Any feedback is appreciated - Thanks !

Good call Chris. Here's the text rotated and magnified to make deciphering a little easier:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Army Photo  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you all for your help !

2 more photos :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Army Photo   Polish Army Photo  

Ditto my prior comments, sorry. More pictures won't hide the fact the original photo was shaky. I'd like to see another snapshot taken five seconds later, with the regimental standard in full view, and of course, crisply focused.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Have sent a Tom a message. Hopefully he'll make an appearance soon.
    Chris.....

Thanks !
    I tried :-)

?

Not too sure, but most probably wrong, only just learning polish, could the top two words say polu powrotu, return to the field, longshot I think though

Thanks but it would powrot z pola

Hi Guys,
    I've been trying to read this inscription for some time and all I could read (or rather guess) is the top row, which I belive might be "pulk powrocilw" a sloppily written phrase [pułk powrócił w] or "the regiment came back in". The last word might be "Lwow" but I'm even less sure of it. If so, this is one of the Lwów Garrison's infantry regiments. I'll try to do some more thorough expertise later, though without much hope for success...

Regards,
    Tom

On the remote chance that this image is a regiment from Lwow here are five from that city to consider.

19 Pułk Piechoty
    40 Pułk Piechoty
    14 Pułk Ułanów
    5 Pułk Artylerii Lekkiej
    6 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast