Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish badge

Article about: I recently bought this badge for \\$70 .What do you guys think of it ? Fair price? Thanks

Default Polish badge

I recently bought this badge for $70 .What do you guys think of it ? Fair price? Thanks
    Polish badgePolish badgePolish badgePolish badgePolish badgePolish badge

Default Re: Polish badge

Please Any opinion ?

Can't help you as I'm just learning about Polish badges. I'm sure someone knowledgeable will help out soon though. Keep the faith.

The winged dragon is a common symbol of the Polish Army's mechanised armoured arm up to 1939. As dastier says someone in short order should be able to offer more diffinitive information on this particular badge.

Chris........

As well I have seen black and orange used as representative colours of the Polish prewar Armed Forces.

lah79, sorry to inform you that this is a modern copy of an officer grade badge for the 1st Armoured Battalion. It has been falsely aged. Original badges were of mulitipart construction, held togther with with 'rivets' visible on the reverse, and meticulously handcrafted from silver bearing the typical pre-war hallmarks. The spinner has been added, possibly to deceive, and is incorrect as this badge's only known pre-war maker was J. Michrowski. The threaded post is typical of modern copies. The badge looks like a Panasiuk product. I used to own one.

An original version of this badge is worth at least twenty times what you paid. It is very rare and sought after. If the seller falsely claimed it was original then you may want to consider requesting a refund. Again, sorry for the bad news.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank You guys for help
    I got his badge from Ebay
    Please take a look
    Best Regards
    Janek
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thanks for the link. The seller incorrectly identified the badge, and if the endorsement from the PAVA is factual then they are sadly mistaken.

The seller states "No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection", so you still have some recourse.

I took a brief look at some of the seller's other items. There’s something strangely familiar about all of them, but I can’t quite put my finger on it . . . hmmm . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish badge   Polish badge  

Polish badge   Polish badge  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge  Polish badge 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne