Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish cavalry

Article about: This is a very cool site... so glad I stumbled on to it. I'm doing some research on the attached picture and wondered if anyone has any clues. Here is what I believe: 1. probably pre-WWI 2.

Default Polish cavalry

This is a very cool site... so glad I stumbled on to it. I'm doing some research on the attached picture and wondered if anyone has any clues. Here is what I believe:
    1. probably pre-WWI
    2. White Russian/Polish cavalry, maybe Czarist
    3. Picture between 1900 and 1910??

Any ideas?

Thanks a ton.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish cavalry  

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have converted your PDF file and added the pic direct to the forum.

Sorry I cannot help on the id, this is not my subject. But it is a nice image.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Dotaylor,

Also welcome to the forum, prior to 1918 Poland did not exist has a country, your photograph seems to show Russian Czarist Cavalry but unfortunately I also am no expert in that field.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello, You might also want to try posting your question on this sub forum devoted to Russian Imperial era militaria:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...army-pre-1920/

Best wishes,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks so much guys! I'll do some research on Czarist cavalry, post on the other website and report back. Any more suggestions are most welcome.