Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki

Article about: Hi Folks sorry for staying in silence. Here is another type of Polish dress dagger called model 1924year. All fittings were made of yellow metal in most cases gilded .Here is one made withou

zet
    ?

Default Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki

I want to make a thread about polish dress dagger.I will show my collection of daggers which I have or have had in collection.please feel free to add advice and correct my posts, maybe we can make a short manual about daggers worn in during Second Republic.
    First dagger which I want to show is model 1920 it was side arms of the officers and clerks of the Polish Navy.This dagger was adopted from Austro Hungarian model for the Navy.It was only one dagger worn with portopee.Ive got one in my collection unfortunatelly I think it is the best copy because copies of this model were made from 70 on Hungary and nowadays hard to say which is originall whic copy.First bad sign is a gilded crest on the blade originally wasnt gilded.Im posting pic of Yugo dagger with portopee and hanger which shows style of worn these type of dagger.Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki

zet
    ?

Default Re: Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki

Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikithis is a pic of this type of dagger Attachment 356950from military museum from Kołobrzeg.

yours does look like a copy in my opinion especially wit the lack of detail in the casting.
    i remember seeing those daggers in stores in poland in 1980s.

I think a thread about daggers with a manual or history is a great idea. I didn't know that the Polish military even had daggers.

zet
    ?

Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiTo meylle I think the same but remeber that level of skills fakers are higher and higher today copies are almost the same like originall dagger of this type.The daggers from this time were used by all post austro-hungarian countries.Especially royal Yugoslavian fleet and Hungary river forces used the same shape dagger.Im posting originall scan from description of this type of dagger from museum from Vienna.This was posted in Zachuta book about Polish daggers.Attachment 357090

yes, they did - my favourite as the air force ones.

Here is some repros - Galerie - Kategoria: Bro

- - Updated - -

yes, i know that many fakes are well made, but unless they are made by craftsman.
    common copies sold in stores lacked the detail and were mostly representative of the piece.
    some repro swords made in 1980s aged well look very well to people who never saw or handled the original

zet
    ?

I will post but want to show dagger by time of use.You showed daggers post ww2.Here is next example of Polish dress dagger.It is dagger or dirk for boatswains and student of the Navy officers school model 1920-1933.It was made like Austro Hungarian dagger for cadets.Here are the pics of originall Austrian dagger for cadets.Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki
    on the last pic is originall AUSTRIAN DANUBE STEAM OFFICER'S DAGGER which is very simmilar to cadets dagger.

Yes i just wanted to show some examples and the fact that they are still in use.

zet
    ?

Pics of 2 originall Navy Cadets daggers.In my opinion both were made in Poland due to fact the grip was made of wood painted white.In my opinion originall Austrian made had bone made grip and crossguard was made in other style.Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordzikiPolish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki

zet, excellent thread you've started. Thanks for the good high resolution pictures. I look forward to seeing more of your collection.

Here's an English language summary of dagger use in pre-WW2 Poland. Taken from "Kordziki w II Rzeczypospolitej" (Daggers in the Polish 2nd Republic) by Leszek Zachuta.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish dress dagger pre ww2 called kordziki  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast