Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Polish eagle

Article about: Hi I just got this Polish eagle , any ideas of what is for ?and its pre war ? and what you think on this badge original ? Thanks Janek

Default Polish eagle

Hi
    I just got this Polish eagle , any ideas of what is for ?and its pre war ?
    and what you think on this badge original ?
    Thanks
    Janek

Polish eaglePolish eaglePolish eaglePolish eaglePolish eaglePolish eaglePolish eagle

Default Re: Polish eagle

Hi Janek,

The eagle badge is a post war “copy”. It is actually a unique pattern based on the pre-WW2 model 1919 eagle. Badges with original equipment spinners like this one marked A. Panasiuk are all post war copies. Get familiar with them as you will see many, with some occasionally being passed off as pre war originals.

The 1st Tadeusz Kościuszko Infantry Division badge and miniature appear genuine. This is a communist era badge, and relatively common.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne