Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polish Eagle badge I.D.

Article about: Hello, Please, what are your thoughts on this Eagle badge. Fake or genuine? 60.2 mm high.I would appreciate any help. Regards Alex

Does anyone know how to remove 55 number, In a gentle way, Is this possible? Thank you

Regards
    A.S.

Hi Alex, it would need to be hammered out. A jeweller could most likely do it. I don't think it would ever be perfect, but as the damage is already done by this crook, it might be worth a try?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately the damage is done. The stamping process stretched the metal, and trying to remove the numbers might mess things up even more. Traces of the numbers will remain. While it’s a shame that a surviving pre-war eagle was destroyed, it was not a particularly scarce eagle in top condition to begin with.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

cross posting with Ade this time! . . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Oh, boy! First of all I would like to thank Ade and Tony. I need to think about it. It's a big shame that a pre- war Eagle badge was destroyed. I've learned my lesson well.

Regards
    Alex
    Last edited by AlexKG200; 06-05-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2