Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish eagle ID

Article about: hello i'm in possesion of an attached eagle do You recognize approximately the era when it was maked? best regards

Default Polish eagle ID

hello
    i'm in possesion of an attached eagle do You recognize approximately the era when it was made?
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish eagle ID   Polish eagle ID  

Polish eagle ID   Polish eagle ID  

Hi Michal,

This is the standard pre-WW2 army hat eagle pattern, and ones like this stamped in white metal typically date to the latter half of the 1930’s. Sorry to say though, but I have my doubts that this is a genuine example. The details are weak, in particular the feathering visible on the reverse. It appears much like one of the fakes increasingly turning up on the market. Genuine die stamped originals have very well defined details on the reverse, almost to the same level as the obverse, something the counterfeiters have yet to reproduce convincingly.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thank You for the answer
    i'm not surprised because the price was like for a copy.
    best regards