Article about: Ivan you own all of these!I

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Headgear

Id second on that!

3mk
    ?

Heres a photo of the rare wz.35 rogatywka polowa.The main difference is the buckle used on the front.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Headgear 

Default wz.37 Polish Army Field Cap

I bought one a while back, could you tell me if it is 100% original (apart from the badge) from the September Campaign, please ?

Or is it from the Polish army in Russia (General Ander's) or post war ?

Here is the seller's decription,

Polish army field cap, model wz.37 made from thick wool fabric in the “Septemer 1939 Campaign” colour, in other words a light green. Visible signs of wear. The eagle badge is a reproduction. No stamps or other markings.
    Field caps made after 1945 for the Polish Army had a different shade of green and were of a different type of fabric

I have attached its pictures.

Thank You

Justin1939
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear  Polish Headgear 

Hello! It's not wz37 rogatywka cap. Regards

Quote by MichalMag View Post
    Hello! It's not wz37 rogatywka cap. Regards
    Hello Michal,
    Please expand on your reply with an explanation of why this is not a pre-war wz.37 cap. This will be helpful to both Justin and other membes here.

Regards and thanks,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello!

The liner is different, should be dark blue with white stamps not bright sandy. The sewing of leather liner is different. The buckle shouldn't be metal, it should be made of some kind of plastic?. And generally fashion is not correct. In my opinion Justin's rogatywka is post war made.

Regards

3mk
    ?

Also,I think pre-war caps had 2 vent holes at the side of them.I think It looks like a war time Polish Army in the East with a pre-war bagde.Most of these caps had embroided eagles instead of metal,And the eagle shown on your cap was only used on Furazerka`s and wz.35 field caps (not to be missed up with wz.37 field caps).I dont think this is a wz.35 as they had a different type of buckle,In less this one was changed.

Default wz.35 Polish Army Engineers, Signals or Horse Artillery Garrison Cap

wz.35 Polish Army Engineers, Signals or Horse Artillery Garrison Cap

I bought this cap a while back, is it 100% original pre-war or otherwise when would it date from, please ?

The felt band is Black underneath the chinstrap, maybe the sun faded the rest ?

As its maker's label says Poznan, would it be from the Poznan army group ?

The inside of its leather sweat band is German maker stamped, maybe it was replaced after being brought back from the September Campaign ?

Could anyone give me some information on the maker, J Rogala, please (production dates) ?

Here are its pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear  
    Last edited by justin1939; 02-26-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: adding

Hello!

The field rogatywka is not a war time polish in the east! This type of rogatywkas has different liner with Moscow stamp and it was without leather! Justin's rogatywka has 2 vent holes, but without metal pieces.

Sorry Justin but this rogatywka have only pre war eagle and buttons. Pre war time rogatywka generally had wool, not velvet rim and it was differently execution. Can you take better photos of inside and metal fitting?

Here are pre war wz37 field rogatywka and wz35 rogatywka and Moscow rogatywka wz43
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

3mk
    ?

Hey there,Thanks for correcting me.But by wz.35 I mean the field cap not the dress one.This is the wz.35 field cap the main difference is the buckle
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Headgear 

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast