Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Polish Headgear

Article about: Ivan you own all of these!I

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Headgear

Also wz.35 field caps had the metal eagles like justins,Maybe his is a wz.35??
    Heres a picture of them in use
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear  

Hello!

3mk, please compare field rogatywka wz35 wchich you put a few weeks ago on forum and Justin's rogatywka

Regards

3mk
    ?

Hey Micheal,
    The main difference I see is the buckle and the type of fabric.
    Maybe its the Armia Krajowa`s work?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear  

Hello!

It's possible... But for me it's typical post war production.

Rogatywkas from photo have not metal buckles.

Regards

Hi can anyone shed some light on this particular piece. To me it looks like a late Adrian and seems to match the description in Kijak's book. Im just not sure about the front isnt it supposed to be smaller?

I am interested in learning how to identify a Polish Adrian Helmet.

What are the tell tale signs. I'm struggling with Kijak's book but this has more to do with my language skills then his writing.

Can anyone help please?

Robert - any chance of seeing a picture?

As far as the M15 Adrians used by the Poles prior to WW2, what little I know is that once regulations were established in the very early 1920’s the Poles modified the French design with different liners and chinstraps of a heavier leather. The redesigned liner was held in by four rivets spaced equidistant from each other - one at the front, one at the back and one each at the sides. The openings at the front for insignia were closed. If you see an Adrian like this with the four rivets then that’s a postive sign.

Complicating matters is the various Adrians used before regulations were established (i.e. those taken from the Russians, the Legion ones, and even the Haller Army ones) and remained unmodified. These would of course be different from the 'official' regulation Adrians, and yet still be considered genuine. It gets a bit hazy here. But one thing for sure is that such helmets would be very rare, as such subject to faking.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Dear Tony,

Thank you for the splendid information attached is a pic of the helmet. Curiously it has the Polish insignia at the front but no tell tale rivets. I will also try to post a pic of the inside.

Quote by robert odulinski View Post
    . . . Curiously it has the Polish insignia at the front but no tell tale rivets. . .
    The typical M15 has two holes or slots on the vertical axis that accept the badge blades. The blades are folded over on the inside to hold the badge in place.

The helmet pictured looks quite good. But I am definitely no expert on these. Mr. Putski, are you out there? . . .

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

Hey Robert,
    The Hallers Army helmet looks good but some better pictures of the front insignia would be needed.

Some earlier helmets (1918-around 1930?) still have their badge slots because they put Cap badges on them.After they were removed and the holes were closed up.

Is the helmet pictured yours? Its nice

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast