Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Polish Headgear

Article about: Ivan you own all of these!I

Default Re: Polish Headgear

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Robert,
    The Hallers Army helmet looks good but some better pictures of the front insignia would be needed.

Some earlier helmets (1918-around 1930?) still have their badge slots because they put Cap badges on them.After they were removed and the holes were closed up.

Is the helmet pictured yours? Its nice
    Czolem Emil,

No it's not mine but listed on ebay US you can check it out for yourself there i couldn't get another picture off the site for some reason.

Here are more pics from the auction

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The typical M15 has two holes or slots on the vertical axis that accept the badge blades. The blades are folded over on the inside to hold the badge in place.

The helmet pictured looks quite good. But I am definitely no expert on these. Mr. Putski, are you out there? . . .

T.
    Mr. Moderator, it's tough to tell from that photograph. I have seen that helmet on eBay and there is certainly a good chance that it is authentic. But I would need detailed close ups of the insignia to say more than that, as you know the insignia with the eagle in the horn is being reproduced.... Question: is it just the way the pics show up on my computer, or does the coloration of the helmet look slightly different around the insignia?

3mk
    ?

I noticed that too, Its more grey-ish blue then the rest of the helmet.I also dont like the fact that the helmet has paint chips and rust everywhere but not on the insignia?

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    Mr. Moderator, it's tough to tell from that photograph. I have seen that helmet on eBay and there is certainly a good chance that it is authentic. But I would need detailed close ups of the insignia to say more than that, as you know the insignia with the eagle in the horn is being reproduced.... Question: is it just the way the pics show up on my computer, or does the coloration of the helmet look slightly different around the insignia?
    Ivan that's a very interesting observation the trumpet end of the badge looks as though its been put onto an area of rust which makes it look as though its a relatively new placement.

Are you able to elaborate on Tony's description of the Polish modifications of these helmets?

Default Polish Army officer's Side-cap and Polish Navy Cap

Here are some interesting caps, could you tell me if this Polish naval cap would be for a officer or for a Polish Chief Petty Officer (NCO) and if it is 100% original pre-war, please ?

Thank You

Justin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

ccj
    ?

Super nice

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10