Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Polish Headgear

Article about: Ivan you own all of these!I

Default Re: Polish Headgear

Here are some additional photos of the other Legion maciejowka that I posted. Again, these are credited to AGM who took these after I sold the cap to them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

Polish Headgear  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Headgear 

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    ccj, super idea for a thread! I’ll start off by posting one of my favorite portraits, that of Lt. Colonel Stefan Szlaszewski, CO of the 2nd Podhale Rifle Regiment looking resplendent in his uniform adorned with badges and decorations.

He is weariing the traditional Polish highlander “kapelusz” which was used by the six Podhale Rifle Regiments. Along with this hat was the traditional use of a cape, also visible in the photograph.

T.
    That's quite a spread of medals he has, very impressive.

Hi !

Theses are beautiful examples of early Polish headgear. I remember when these beauties were available on AGM. Well...I collect primarily Polish exile so I didn't "pull the trigger" since they were very, very expensive but, I must say, they were very, very tempting !!

Vic

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    Hi !

Theses are beautiful examples of early Polish headgear. I remember when these beauties were available on AGM. Well...I collect primarily Polish exile so I didn't "pull the trigger" since they were very, very expensive but, I must say, they were very, very tempting !!

Vic
    When I sold the caps to AGM one of them (pictured above) was actually part of a set that came together, but I guess because it was easier to sell them separately, they broke it up. Here's a photo of the cap with the other piece. They were made out of the same material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear   Polish Headgear  

3mk
    ?

I can only dream of owning that

Quote by 3mk View Post
    I can only dream of owning that
    The stuff is still out there; you just have to bird-dog it!

ccj
    ?

Oh my... thats the set I've been looking for forever...

3mk
    ?

I guess Ive been admirring your stuff so much I forgot that I have a pre-war Furazerka (side-cap) in my collection with a pre-war eagle.Ill try posting that one on here soon

By the way, here's a glimpse of the companion piece that went with the Wielkopolska cavalry maciejowka that was the first pic I posted.

...and another view of the cap itself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Headgear  

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast