Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, Just wondering if this is a polish helmet? and if yes could anyone tell me more about it? rgds Mads

Default Polish Helmet?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if this is a polish helmet? and if yes could anyone tell me more about it?

Polish Helmet?Polish Helmet?

rgds
    Mads

Default Re: Polish Helmet?

Hi Mads,

It is definitely not Polish pre-WW2. The shell looks like one of the SSh series Soviet products. I don't recognize the painted insignia.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, thanks for sorting it out.

?

It looks like a russian helmet, maybe hungarian cannot figure out the marking, but probably from the 1970s

Bulgarian perhaps?

Hi there. This is polish M50 in rare marking that belong to units securing poland's coal mines in Soviet controled country. This one is for Wujek Mine. Unit that killeed many workers during strikes against communists. Hope that helps.

Thanks alot. If anyone is interested, I know the seller.

The problem is that they are easily faked and not worth that much.
    Post-war polish helmets are available for less than $20.
    Only wz31-50 holds value being pre-war shell with post-war liner.

The two hammers are used in the Polish Mining industry. My father was a miner, and he has a ceremonial hat with the same sign. I would say this is post WW2, for during ww2, Poland used Russian helmets, or British, depending on which front they were on. This one does not look like the Russian nor the British ww2 helmet variations, so I think it's post ww2.

?

Seen one on the internet many times, a post-war helmet with some unit insignia...