Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Polish Legions in WWI

Article about: A few more Polish Legion Postcards to keep the thread alive....

Default Re: Polish Legions in WWI

A few more Polish Legion Postcards to keep the thread alive....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Legions in WWI   Polish Legions in WWI  

Polish Legions in WWI   Polish Legions in WWI  

Ivan, Thanks for sharing these. Some fantastic imagery there.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

ccj
    ?

Agreed,

Please post as many Polish Legion images as you like. I'd like to read up on the Polish Legion serving in with the Austrians. I'd also like to find a good publication on Legion uniforms during WW1.
    Last edited by ccj; 04-06-2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: ?

Quote by ccj View Post
    Agreed,

Please post as many Polish Legion images as you like. I'd like to read up on the Polish Legion serving in with the Austrians. I'd also like to find a good publication on Legion uniforms during WW1.
    Here are two:
    Polski Mundur Wojskowy by Henryk Wielecki. Although as the title indicates, it is primarily concerned from 1918 onwards, when the Polish military forces came into being in their own right, the early pages have some good info on Polish Legions in Austria-Hungary, France and Russia.

Umundurowanie Kawalerii Legionow Polskich 1914-1917 by Leslaw Kurawski, which of course deals with cavalry uniforms.

There are any number of good photo books that show hundreds of Legion uniforms in use in the field, but they are historical photo references and not intended to explore uniform regulations. Still, for info on how the Legionaires were actually outfitted in practice, they are essential parts of any uniform enthusiast's library.

Ivan
    I mainly focus on PSZ. However, over years I have come across various items associated with Legions etc . I did buy some / but mainly (and now I think stupidly) did take pictures only as I had no quality knowledge on the period and value of artefacts.

I have seen a number of eagles

One of them attached –I have no idea what that may be and of its value.

Any idea?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Legions in WWI   Polish Legions in WWI  

3mk
    ?

Hey there,
    I think this eagle was for the Polish Legions in Russia, aka the 1st Koprus Polski.Looks like a nice original piece.I have no idea on value as I havent seen one up for sale in a long...... time but Im sure Ivan can give us an estimate.

Regards
    Emil

I have not seen this exact eagle elsewhere, and it could be from the polish forces in Russia as 3MK says, or it may also be from Poland circa 1918 or even from Pilsudski's Legion in Austria during the war. The closest one I have seen to this is in Gawlowski's book figure 58 and that is an undated (but still 1914-1919 period) Polish armed forces eagle. Don't know current prices but I do like the piece even though it is mis-struck.

very piekan collection more such
    greeting from Poland

J1776
    ?

You know,.. this collection of articles is wonderful! It must have been 6-7 yrs ago that I had done research on Haller's Army for myself, as I was involved in WWI living history and was tryin to put together a WWI Living history group together, and trying to find info was like finding a needle in a haystack!

Thanks to everyone for your input!

Not sure if anyone has ever posted before this books exsistance, but for anyone who can read Polish/understand fair amount this book called Legenda Legionów (Legions Legends) is the best book i have ever seen on the Legions, has crazy amount of info inside with pics, maps, uniforms, insignia, songs, you name it it has it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast