Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?

Article about: Hello Is this stamp I bought 100% original pre-war, please ? Thank You Justin1939

Default Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?

Hello

Is this stamp I bought 100% original pre-war, please ?

Thank You

Justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?   Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?  

Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?   Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?  

Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?  

Default Re: Polish M.S Wojsk stamp - 100% original ?

I've seen it live few months ago. In my opinion - no doubts, 100% original.

An unusually fresh looking piece. Any past history available on this item Justin (i.e where found, etc.)?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

It appeared few months ago on polish on-line auction. One my collegues bought it and i had a chance to take a look on it live. First i thought that i will see normal stamp but that one was much smaller. It is probably for stamping with sealing wax. I assume that stamp came back to the market once again.

Hi Pat, Thanks for the added background info.

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    . . . It is probably for stamping with sealing wax. . . .
    Really? It doesn’t strike me as the type used for sealing letters in the old fashioned way. I don’t recall ever seeing a wax seal formally used by the Ministry of Military Affairs during the 2nd Republic. Am I missing something?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Of course it was not used for stamping letters Unfortunately i dont know proper english nomenclature to explain my idea. Firstible i was thinking like my friend that this is standard stamp used for signaturing military equipment - cause the type of stamp and the image is very popular. But the size is much smaller then those which are on original items like uniforms, equipment etc ... it was about 15-20 mm. Very, very small ...

Thinking about wax i was trying to say something like this on image below (russian):

This types of seals where very popular in Polish Army, specialy in quatermasters service - in use on any locks, boxes etc as a proof on unopening.