Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Polish made mauser bayonets

Article about: This weekend I was exchanging mails with Tony and we spoke about Polish bayonets. It seems that there is no thread devoted to this topic. Well, I decided to write about this topic providing

?

Default Re: Polish made mauser bayonets

Bayonet Inventory:

After reading the wonderful posting on the Polish bayonets a few times and seeing Polish Mauser Bayonet web site.......

I have promised myself I would figure out which Polish bayonets I own..which ones I need and which ones I can sell or trade.

So I gathered them all up. Took them off display rifles and display field gear mannequins.

Thought I'd share the lot with you. Two have the incorrect sheaths and I believe two are German re-works.

Sadly, like all collectors years ago someone once offered me alot of $$$ for a totally matching bayonet scabbard with Polish frog.......I can't even remember which make is was.......

Cheers,

PiwoPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonets

?

Thumbs up Re: Polish made mauser bayonets

nice collection you got there! Congratulations!

Thanks for posting Piwo, I am assuming by web site you are referring to the old-smithy site:

POlish mauser bayonets

You may also want to view this thread about the Polish wz.71/98 bayonet:

Polish bayonet Wz. 71/98...

@Piwo2 . Minimum 5 of your bayontes are a german rework.

Regards

Nice collection of polish bayonets I have the WZ 28 cutdown and reblued by Germans. Very educational almost as good as a book if not better. timothy

I added a few pics to another thread recently however maybe it would be better here. I am trying to find out whether the following bayonet is possibly legit enough to purchase just based on the pics i have provided.

I have no idea on serial numbers and marking on pre War bayonets.

This is said to be a Wz.28 Radom made Bagnet without flashguard. Any help would be appreciated.

Polish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonets

Default Help identifying this Polish bayonet?

Hello!

I recently got a Polish bayonet and I see a lot like mine here in this forum, there are however a few small differences... I was hoping some of you could help me identify what it is I have?

One side of the blade is marked "F.B. RADOM" (No stamp of acceptance) and on the guard above is the serial #764 (only those 3 digits)
    The opposite side of the blade is marked with an eagle and the year "1939". No other markings at all.

On the scabbard there is stamped "2 ²2" at the very top.

I have some pictures I will add. Sorry for the quality.
    Hope some of you know what I have here.

-beren666

Polish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonetsPolish made mauser bayonets

Hello beren and welcome to the forum. You have a Polish made “mobilization” bayonet with factory sharpened edge that did not run the full length of the blade. The muzzle ring has been cut off which suggests this is a German capture and reissue. The blade parkerization looks like it might be Polish applied rather than the German blackening, which has a different look. If Polish treated then this would make it quite a scarce bayonet. The lack of acceptance marks is a puzzle that I’’ll leave for more knowledgeable collectors to comment on.

Re,. the scabbard, do the marks you describe look anything like this:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony!

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the fast response to my very first post.
    When it comes to the parkerization it's unlike any other blueing/blackening I've seen. It's matte or dull, and almost green-grayish.
    As for stamps and markings I have gone over every surface of both knife and scabbard, and have not seen anything like the mark you mentioned. I have attached a photo of the only markings on my scabbard (hidden behind buckle of frog) Hope this helps... The lack of marks really confuses me.

Hi again Beren, and you're most welcome. From your description you may very well have a Polish parkerized blade which, again, vaults your bayonet into an particularly desirable class. Although I have owned several pre-war bayonets (and still do) I am by no means an expert on the acceptance marks. Your scabbard may be German production. Hope to see other members chime in.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast