Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Markings on WW1 German Flare (Very) Pistol?

Article about: Hello Folks - Picked up a German M1895 Hebel Style Very Pistol at an auction today. When I picked it up at the end, it is pretty standard except for a marking on the right side I think may b

Default Polish Markings on WW1 German Flare (Very) Pistol?

Hello Folks -

Picked up a German M1895 Hebel Style Very Pistol at an auction today. When I picked it up at the end, it is pretty standard except for a marking on the right side I think may be Polish. Attached is a photo, but it isn't very good. The German marks are in place, but this marking is: "KPr.JK." Possibly there are periods between the other letters, but hard to tell. Looked like Polish notation to me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for looking!
    - Mike

Polish Markings on WW1 German Flare (Very) Pistol?

Default Re: Polish Markings on WW1 German Flare (Very) Pistol?

Hi Mike, This does not look like a Polish marking to me, but honestly can’t say for certain one way or the other. Hope to see some other comments from equipment guys.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I can see a similarilty in the style and more specifically the design of the letter 'K' when compare to known Polish depot markings on the buttstocks of Polish rifles in posts #147 and #148 of https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...lic-181504-15/

However I cannot say with certainty that these are Polish markings. Its possible that this was a captured German flare pistol and was refurbished at the Krakow depot (sources I have read indicated that the K.r. 21 and K.r. 23 on the Polish rifles represent the Krakow depot). Your flare pistol appears to be stamped K Pr J K with possibly two periods after the r and the J. Whether or not this is Polish needs further research.

Perhaps other forum members can be of assistance?