Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Officer wedding photos

Article about: Does anyone have any photos/links to photos of a Polish officer in military dress being married? I'm looking for any photos that may exist for a school project on military wedding traditions

KennyChief
    ?

Default Polish Officer wedding photos

Does anyone have any photos/links to photos of a Polish officer in military dress being married? I'm looking for any photos that may exist for a school project on military wedding traditions. Even an enlisted man would make for an okay picture, but preferably a picture of an officer with that beautiful collar tab insignia. I have looked for a while but to no avail. Much appreciated.

?

I would suggest periodically looking through the "WP do 1939" photos on the militaria section of Allegro (Polish version of eBay). Given the plethora of photos listed, you are bound to come across wedding photos. I did a quick search of "slub" (wedding in Polish) and came across these two:

SLUB ZOLNIERZA STARA FOTOGRAFIA WYM 14X8,5 (6419172525) - Allegro.pl - Wi
    ŚLUB II RP ŻOŁNIERZ POLSKI (6405774154) - Allegro.pl - Więcej niż aukcje.

Cheers,

Brandon

Hello KennyChief,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, below you will find photographs of Officers wedding from 1934-1939, I hope that they help your project.

The first 2 photographs are from 1934 and the wedding of Rotmistrz (Captain of Horse) Franciszek Flatau 1PSzwol (1st Light Horse Regiment) 2 of his wifes Bridesmaids are the daughters of Marshal Jozef Pilsduski Wanda and Jadwiga Pilsudska.

The 3-5 Photographs are of the wedding in October 1936 of Zofia Sikorska the daughter of General Sikorski.

the 6-7 Photographs are from 1939 Warsaw the wedding of Por Jakubowicz and Ina Kepinska.

Hope that these help you

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. If you move your mouse over the photographs there information is displayed to enlarge them click on them to open in anew page.

Rotmistrz Flatau was murdered in Charkow in 1940.

KennyChief
    ?

Thank you so much, guys! This is amazing! I'm actually giddy looking at these photos, it's like finding treasure! Thank you for all your help! All of you are absolutely brilliant, and I look forward to interacting with you further around the forum! Cheers!