Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish pre-1339 ammo pouches?

Article about: Hello, Can someone tell me if these ammo pouches are polish pre-1939? A friend of mine is selling them, but I've my doubts about the origin of these ammo pouches. Thanks in advance, Kaj

Default Polish pre-1339 ammo pouches?

Hello,

Can someone tell me if these ammo pouches are polish pre-1939? A friend of mine is selling them, but I've my doubts about the origin of these ammo pouches.

Thanks in advance,

Kaj
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish pre-1339 ammo pouches?   Polish pre-1339 ammo pouches?  

Default Re: Polish pre-1339 ammo pouches?

Could these be instead early war type Mosin Nagant ammo pouches? The Polish army pre-1939 ammo pouch consisted of three pouches in one, or did they also use this type of pouch? The seller says they are pre-1939 Polish infantry ammo pouches.. Please help me out with this one.

Good joke ... 100% after war Mosin Nagant pouches ... they were manufactured till 80/90's ...

Hey pat15567,

Could you tell me why these pouches are post-war? They look wartime to me. But im not an expert.

Gr,

Kaj

Well ... i can ask You the same - why do You think they could be pre or wartime ?
    No chance ... typical post war production, there are thousands of them on the market in eastern Europe (former Soviet occupation part of it). They are very common and popular as a basic material to creating a replica of polish pre-war pouches (instead of buying new, proper ones). Lots of living history groups are using them. I also own such a pair Can sell or swap them, they are good reshaped into something what looks like pre-war ones.

?

These are often found in the heavy green canvass type material similar to the pre-39 BAR mag pouches.

The only two pouch or double ammo pouches that I have seen in photos are from WWI era Austrian style issued for the Mannlicher Steyr rifle.

My dwa cents....

Piwo