Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!

Article about: Hey guy Ive just noticed theres a Polish Army 1918-39 section Finally!! Post your exile/pre war medal/cross`s in the thread! Ill post mine soon

Default Re: Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!

Hi Pawel,

No, this is definitely not a Spink product. Again, it’s a good bet that this is a Panasiuk made 4th Class . I have seen this generic pattern in the silver finish 5th Class used as legitimate veteran’s replacements. Posted below is a 4th Class cross made by Spink. As you can see the Spink’s have a very distinctive style.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!   Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the photos of the cross. Yes, I agree, very distictive eagle, no question there. Looks like I have a great cross for an re-enactment purposes
    I have couple more budges and medals I will be posting later on, hope to have your input on them as well.

Thanks.
    Pawel.

Hello.This is my only pre war polonia restituta .4th class cased ; ) .Made probably by Gontarczyk I guess?
    Will be tryin to sell it probably for something around 320-350 $ as I need some funds to buy some other awards ; ) .
    Hope you enjoy the view.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread! 

Hi S.F.,

The box is definitely Polish 2nd Republic vintage. But I feel that the cross is not original to the box, and not pre-war. The cross is made in the pre-war style, but some of the details differ as visible in the by side comparison to a Gontarczyk 4th Class pre-war cross below. Also, the ribbon and rosette do not appear to be pre-war. My bet is that this some sort of legitimately produced version, not an outright copy intended for the collectors market.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Ribbon is strange I must admit especially this flat "rozeta" .But i's definately old too as the cross is .It doesnt looks like a fake or 3rd republic style. Guess it could be just some another pre-war maker maybe ? It looks a little bit like a pre-war french made crosses ( here the 5th class photo from Mr Niemczyk shop's site) http://numizmatyka.waw.pl/files/prod..._09_052909.jpg

Cheers.

It’s definitely not a current 3rd Polish Republic issue (which are quite different), and as mentioned previously I do not think it is a collector copy or even a fake. Yes, it does have some similarities to the allegedly pre-WW2 French made cross you linked (posted below). Based on its immaculate gleaming condition I was suspecting that it may be a legitimate post war product for one of the Polish Government in Exile factions. Hoping someone chimes in with additional comments.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  

Asked my friend who's collector too and he said it's a french made pre-war ordered by polish goverment probably.I had it for so long time and never tought it could be not-polish made one ; ) . Well I keep learning new things.All comments with something new to this cross are welcome of course.Thanks you for your attention also Tony .How ur collecting going on ? Some new purchases waiting to be shown on the forum ?

Cheers.

And just added new medal to the collection. Tony is this a cross for "Powstanie Wielkopolskie" or am I wrong? Hope you have one with the ribbon or know how it should look so I could get a replacement .And hope you enjoy my cross ? : >
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!   Polish pre-war/exile medals/cross`s thread!  

Hi S.F.,

Congratulations on your new acquisition. The correct name for this cross is a bit of a mouthful: The Commemorative Badge of the Federation of the Insurgents and Soldiers Association „Armed Insurgent” - 1922 (Odznaka pamiątkowa Związku Towarzystw Powstańców i Wojaków "Powstańca Broni"). It is suspended from a red ribbon.

Nice genuine cross. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5