Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Polish president is dead.

Article about: Just heard about this. My most sincere condolences to the families of those involved. Hopefully the investigation will be conclusive and the people will have closure.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: The Polish president is dead.

Among the dead are AK members and one of the Generals was in the AK and was awarded the Virtuti Militari

Very difficult for me to wrap my brain around an accident of such magnitude. It's sad but the though of a President of a country being killed like this is hard to understand. Gods Speed to all the victims and famlies.

Mike

Very sad day for Poland and it's people

?

A very sad event.

In reflection, why were so many prominent people carried on the same aircraft ?
    Normally, dignitaries of such importance would be allocated to separate flights in case of an accident !.

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    A very sad event.

Normally, dignitaries of such importance would be allocated to separate flights in case of an accident !.

Gary J.
    Yes that is what I don't understand about this tragedy....

A tragic and staggering loss. My deepest condolences to the families of the deceased. A terrible irony that this same forested area again sees the death of so many members of Poland's elite. Almost beyond belief.

Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Gary J View Post
    A very sad event.

Gary J.
    That is a very good point. The edge of the magnitude of this accident hasn't yet begun to dull for me yet. Very odd event.

Mike

My condolences to their families.

Many questions arise from this trajedy as many here have stated. Why were there so many important people on a 20 year old jet with a deep service record?

My prayers to the well being of Poland.

Ty

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    My condolences to their families.

Many questions arise from this trajedy as many here have stated. Why were there so many important people on a 20 year old jet with a deep service record?

My prayers to the well being of Poland.

Ty
    A very sad event.

Gary J.

These are questions that can only be answered by what remains of the Polish government itself. The aircraft crashed on it's fourth attempt to land, having chosen to ignore the advice of the airports ATC. Furthermore, it was put forward a couple of years ago to upgrade to a more modern aircraft, this was vetoed for monetary reasons i believe.

At the end of this tragic saga the truth will become known, from the available evidence already made public, it would appear that a perfectly servicable aircraft was flown into the ground by an experienced crew....Nothing new there, one wonders what pressure they may have been put under by the 'powers that be'.

It only takes one person that wields power without knowledge of the circumstances over those with the knowledge but not the power to override that decision that disasters like this occur,...and will again.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

3mk
    ?

Heres a interested reply I read

I know it was the Russians! I'll tell you why! The Russians only invited Donald Tusk a weak ago, they didnt invite Kaczynski! They didnt want him there because he's anti-Russian! He invited himself, and then his plane tried to land on a Russian military base, after they told him to head to Minsk or Moscow! He tried to do an unauthorized landing on a Russian military base! What do you think more likely happend, his plane crashed due to the thick fog, or his plane was shot down! I think they were shot down! You know Russians will never tell the truth! And if you try to land on a Russian military base without authorization, you're gonna get shot! It was also suppose to be the anniversery of some Russian/Polish massacre thing! So it is a coinscidence? I think the Russians wanted to finish what they started! It's kind of Kaczynski's fault, because he went there without being invited!
    What Do You Think Really Caused Lech Kaczynski's Plane To Crash? - Yahoo! Answers

Witness`s did say that they heard big bangs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast