Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training

Article about: What do You think about the cap?

Default Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training

What do You think about the cap?

?

Fake with a big F, or how you would like "Lipa" with a bigger L! This hat is post-WW2 made of very poor quality. In my opinion the chin strap retainers are actually buttons from a uniform, rather than proper chinstrap retainers. Their diameter appears to be 18mm rather than the correct 15mm. I'll show you a couple of pictures later.

The hat band is too small for it to be a pre-WW2 hat. The eagle is a copy in my opinion. This hat looks like a fireman's hat. The 426 "zlotych" paid is not a lot of money so you don't have to worry too much.

The sweatband might be pre-WW2 vintage due to the good quality and characteristic embossed text. However, the fact is the rest of the cap is post war made. It is missing what characterizes the pre-war rogatywki, which is the attractive lines and proportion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training   Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training  

Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training   Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training  

Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training   Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training  

?

Original Rogatywka pre -2 war which is the attractive lines and proportion / Model 35 /
    Maker D.Karp .Marszalkowska 78 . Warszawa .

Robek, thanks for posting a thorough and informative reply. Lukasz, sorry that the cap is not what you were hoping for. Genuine pre-war rogatywki of any type are becoming increasingly scarce on the open market. Hence the attraction for the unscrupulous to ply their trade.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Robek View Post

Original Rogatywka pre -2 war which is the attractive lines and proportion / Model 35 /
    Maker D.Karp .Marszalkowska 78 . Warszawa .
    Thanks Robek for Your opinion, and for that You are trying to help me, but i can't agree with some of Your arguments, because that what You had showed to us it's usually (but not always) proper for an wz. 35 Army cap, and here we have to deal with civilian cap which was dedicated usually for (ORLĘTA, JUNAKI) kids or tineagers. Office of Physical Education and Military Training was found in 1927 up to 1939 and was a civilian institution. IMHO had nothing to deal with an army regulation about the clothing.
    The iconography is showing to as that was a lot of types caps in P.W. squads, and i think, that the style of the cap was a tailor's invention, not an army regulation. By the way i have never seen a wz. 35 cap in P.W. squads - maybe You did.
    Another thing is that i have never seen the fire cap with a green straps - mayby You did.
    The cap material is ok for me. The sweat band for me is also ok, and i don't get why somebody put a much work to change a sweat band when the visor went so cheap.
    Im don't know about the eagle, usually it was made from copper and then silvered, here is not, so it can be fake.
    The seller wrote that is original, but now i have too much doubts.
    I didin't pay Yet for the cap, but the best whay to check it is the hand inspection, but there is to lot of doubts here, and i will leave it.
    Once again thanks guys.
    Last edited by Lukasz78; 10-28-2015 at 03:42 PM.

P.W. members on the training (source Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe)

Last edited by Lukasz78; 10-28-2015 at 03:33 PM.

?

Lukasz !

I hope you are able to read polish and I don't have to explain this to you.

Regards

Robek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training   Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training  

Quote by Robek View Post
    Lukasz !

I hope you are able to read polish and I don't have to explain this to you.

Regards

Robek
    Robek You write that the cap must have high band, i showed to You some example of low band pre war caps, which a matter of fact is quite similar to the cap in the topic.
    WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT THAT ?
    You are showing me some part of unknown text about that the uniforms.
    P.W. uniforms in practice had nothing to deal with army uniforms, they were different like in the upper pictures. Maybe somebody, somewhere used army wz. 35 model cap but i haven't seen this - If You did i will be glad to see it.
    Regards Lukasz
    Last edited by Lukasz78; 10-28-2015 at 09:07 PM.

?

Lukasz !

In the book "Wielka Ksiega Kawalerii Polskiej - Tom 45 - Przysposobienie Wojskowe Konne " I found the information that I sent you about the picture. If you know the people who wrote the book, then you'd know that it is correct. They have a lot of experience. Longer than me and you . I recommend this book ................only cost 10 zlotych . I think in Jelenia Gora you'll find, no problem.

You didn't analyze the picture good enough because it clearly says " W Przysposobieniu Wojskowym obowiazywal mundur w wersji dla piechoty .Z Munduru tego przyjeto dla PW konnego tylko " gorne " elementy umundurowania takiego jak rogatywka ....... " If you read this with understanding, it doesn't just talk about uniform, but of the hat, too.

Sorry I made one mistake about the cap band. I thought it was the visor rim. I'm sorry, big mistake on my part. I was doing two things at the same time. By the way, the visor rim isn't suppose to be a model with your hat. Your hat shouldn't have a rim at all.

Regards

Robek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training  

?

Lukasz !

I'll show you an example so you can see yourself and compare. Of course you can talk to me later if you have any questions.
    Original Rogatywka pre -2 war which is the attractive lines and proportion . / Rogatywka Korpusu Kadetów /.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish rogatywka P.W. - defence training  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast