Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Polish September Campaign thread

Article about: Hey guys This thread is deticated to the Poles that served in the September campaign (My Great Uncle fought in it),so please post any Pictures stories or items relating to the September Camp

Default Re: Polish September Campaign thread

The grim (warning graphic) realities of war:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish September Campaign thread   Polish September Campaign thread  

3mk
    ?

As we all know September Campaign started in September, 1 1939, but when did it ended? Did it end when Warsaw had fallen on September, 27? As far as I know there were fights until October, 6. General Franciszek Koleeberg collected about 16,000 troops under his command and intended to move westward to reinforce the Warsaw defenses. Out of radio communication, they had no idea that Warsaw had fallen and they continued to push west. Encountering the German 13 Motorized Inf. Div. they fought a for-day battle around Kock before finally surrendering on October, 6 1939. Did polish government surrender to Germans or Russians? Poland was the only one country that did not surrender to Germans. Poland was the only one country that had fight from 39 to 45. So why do I hear from different “history channels” that September Campaign was lees than month? And why ““Popular history” of WW2 and the Blitzkrieg generally shines the spotlight on the Poles and their poor showing against the Germans.”
    Mariusz

Mariusz you are 100% right,Poland never surrendered there were units like the famous Hubal unit that never stopped fighting,My Great Uncle and Grandfather fought in a unit that fought on until September 1st 1939-May 7th 1945 but it doesnt stop there units were also fighting the communists up to 1960!

Mariusz I also dont like history channel when they show something about ww2 they on show America Canada and Britain I have respect for these countries and the men which fought for them but I have no respect for the people making the programs.On September 1st 2009 I watched the history channel and do you know what was on?A show about the Battle of Britain, I dont mean to offend anyone but come on...

3mk
    ?

they on show
    Sorry about that I meant to write only**

I even see a photo of the uniform used by the ON (National Defense Battalions)
    [1st page (1st post), 3rd photo, the guy in the light khaki uniform)

3mk
    ?

Welcome to the forum Denxson,
    The cotton uniforms (Dredlich) were not only issued to ON but to every branch of the army,Ill be reciving a original shorty

well ON's uniform colour was more like the american ww1 from what i know.
    and normal only ON had that rain coat or that blanket around them.

3mk
    ?

Hey Denxson,
    The color didnt differ for any of the braches,the uniforms started out as green but faded while in storage in to a khaki color.Your right about the blanket/great coat,normal infantry carried thers in there tornister (back pack)

if you can put some more ON photos on here i will be realy happy to see them, i need them for my project.
    [QUOTE][B]Burn Baby, Burn[/B][/QUOTE]
    WP 1918-1939 it's legend man! :D:D

3mk
    ?

Hey guys, Re my photo,
    Ive recived it yesterday and I really like it.I can guarentee that the soldiers shown arnt in captivity as 1 has a bayonet they all have there belts on and the insignia hasnt been taken off of there hats.

Denxson,Sometimes its hard to see if the soldiers are ON or regular army as they both look the same,but I will be glad to help you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3