Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39

Article about: by dorava who really cares about the hole in the pocket anyway? That's like someone gazing at a priceless Rembrandt and saying "The frame looks a little bit too thick". I agree tha

Default Re: Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39

Quote by ccj View Post
    Were officer field caps the same as enlisted field caps?
    That’s a good question. The same pattern, yes. But officers could have their caps privately made, such as the one accompanying the uniform below which belonged to General Aleksander Henryk Szychowski, on display at the Polish Weapons Museum in Kolobrzeg, Poland. This cap was made in 1938 by Warsaw based firm “Czadapol” (Chil and Breitman). Also, officers sometimes applied a metal eagle badge instead of the standard fabric eagle, as visible in the photograph below.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

3mk
    ?

In my opinion the best book for Polish uniforms is Polski Mundur Wojskowy by Zdzisław Żygulski and Henryk Wielecki occasional you may see a copy fo sale on ebay, but you can find a copy easily on allegro.pl I have a copy of the book waiting for me in Poland

ccj
    ?

I'd like to. I havn'et figure out the ins and outs of allegro

Do you think this tunic is 100% original pre-war, please ?

Here are its pictures.

Thank You

Justin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Last edited by justin1939; 01-15-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Default Polish Officer's Breeches

These are two extremely interesting pairs of wz.36 field breeches (to a Army officer and Airforce officer), I would have bought them myself if the sizes had been bigger.

They have Very Good to Excellent Condition markings.

Here are the pictures.

Justin

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Hello!

Sorry but in my opinion stamps on breeches are not original.

Best Regards

Quote by ccj View Post
    I'd like to. I havn'et figure out the ins and outs of allegro
    You can purchase From polisharms.com Polish Arms - Polish books for collectors, books on arms, armour and uniforms
    I've had very good luck with this fellow, Michal is honest & prompt with his orders and speaks excellent english. He carries copies of Polski Mundur Wojskowy and will even find & purchase hard to come by books for you (even off allegro).

Chris.............

Hello, I saw a Polish jacket, which I could buy for 100 euro's. It was made of wool, it had blue collar tabs with silver decorations/piping and the buttons had an eagle on it.
    It also had a patch on his left sleeve but I couldn't see what it had on it. Did I make a mistake nog buying it?

PS please excuse my bad english...

Hello dutch guy,

Your English is perfectly fine. As far as an answer to your question, it is impossible to comment without seeing some good photographs. But keep in mind that surviving pre-war Polish uniforms are exceedingly rare. Complicating matters is that the early Soviet occupation era army used the same uniform pattern. Some of these were fitted with pre-war buttons and other parts, while others have had pre-war parts subsituted to fool prospective buyers. So I wouldn't be too concerned about the one you passed up.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,

Here is the main picture of an estate sale of a Wz.36 Polish Cavalry Major's uniform from the 4th Cavelry (Pomeranian) Regiment.

I have won the Document Case and Wz.36 Belt.

I will add more photos later.

Here is the main photo.

Justin1939

jacquetta44@yahoo.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast