Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39

Article about: by dorava who really cares about the hole in the pocket anyway? That's like someone gazing at a priceless Rembrandt and saying "The frame looks a little bit too thick". I agree tha

Default Re: Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39

Sorry ... MON (Department of National Defence) is existing since 1945. Till 1939 it was called MS Wojsk. (Deprtment of Military Affairs). It does look weird to me seeing pre-war breeches with post war stamps.

Recent sale on Allegro of a wz.36 unifom tunic that belonged to a 2nd Lt. of the 53rd Infantry Regiment. 8300 PLN = 2926 USD = 1814 GBP.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This is a really great looking uniform. I was looking at it too and asked for extra pictures.

ccj
    ?

Do most tunics have regimental numbers embroidered on the shoulders?

Came across something very interesting and very unique. Seems to be a Polish Uniform (diplomatic) model 1926 for sale. Price 50,000 zlotych. Looking at the pictures, the uniform is in really great condition and the details are just amazing.

Mundur dyplomatyczny - Odznaczenia, odznaki, broń biała: do 1939

Hope you enjoy it.... and who know maybe even buy it
    Pawel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39   Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Uniforms, etc pre-39 

ccj
    ?

WOW! Nice

3mk
    ?

What details should you look out for when trying to determine if a tunic is a original pre-war wz.36 or a post war wz.36 style tunic? Some can look very convincing with the addiction of pre-war insignia!

Quality of fabric and tailoring, originality and correctness of any maker tags, buttons, fittings, rank insignia, etc. It is a very risky area of collecting for anyone without any hands on experience with genuine articles. ‘Book knowledge’ is also essential, but not enough on its own.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

3mk
    ?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply, I guess I need stock up on some reference books and study pictures of originals.

Heres a wonderful example, General Sucharski's uniform (Major at the time)

Hi Emil,

Reference information and good sharp photographs are important, but nothing beats hands on experience with genuine period uniforms to gain a real feel of what’s good. The best way to pick out a counterfeit is to study the real thing. Of course, the difficult part is getting access to original uniforms to obtain that experience.

Thanks for posting the pic. The collar tab area looks wrong. There should be no visible ‘spillover’ of the collar behind the tabs. The tailoring on genuine pre-war uniforms, especially for higher officers, was impeccable and the tabs should exactly fit the collar profile. Maybe this is a ‘restored’ tunic using parts of Sucharski’s original - ??

Regards,
    Tony

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast