Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Polish uniforms,militaria,and pictures from 1919-1921 (or shortly after)

Article about: I like the lances, M

Default Re: Polish uniforms,militaria,and pictures from 1919-1921 (or shortly after)

Any ideas regards the stars on the collar? I saw a uniform very similar with the stars on another thread here that showed uniforms in a museum display somewhere in Poland. The display description was too small to read. I know absolutely nothing about this relative except that he was from Tarnow and would like to find out anything I can. Anything!

Default Re: Polish uniforms,militaria,and pictures from 1919-1921 (or shortly after)

The stars are a traditional decoration to the uniform collar.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you, Adrian! Thanks to you, one thought led to another and a light went off in my brain. If he was in the army, there must be an archive somewhere. The search begins.....

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Searching,

Ade is correct. Poles residing in the Austro-Hungarian partition territory (primarily Galicia, where Tarnow is found) served in the Austro-Hungarian army.

The collar tab stars (aling with backing ‘stripe’) denotes rank, and with this photo detail is difficult to discern. It appears to be a sergeant major or a cadet / master sergeant.

Best wishes in your research. Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4