Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

polonia restituta commander

Article about: Hi everyone, what do you think of this 3rd class? Looks good to me, but one can never know. Thank's in advance

Thank you very much for the information Mr. Tony. Therefore, if it is a copy, it's worth the 50$ I paid for it? If it is a pre WW2 copy it is worth keeping nonetheless.
    Best regards
    Sever

Hi Sever, the cross might not be a 3rd Class Commander. What is the width? Should be 58mm.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

57,5 mm width. I did not have the opportunity to find out its weight. Could it nevertheless be a fake?
    bbest regards
    Sever

As far as I can see it is also different from the model presented by mr. Utopis. There are slight differences in the representation of the eagle (size, claws, crown) and also a different loop on the top (narrower than the other). I am very curious what might that be and wherther it is old or modern repro

Thanks Sever. So the size is correct for the 3rd Class. Your cross is definitely a copy of some sort. As you’ve noted, center disc details, along with ball end size and others differ markedly from those of the official issue pre-WW2 crosses. The cross also exhibits much less wear / patina than the neck cravat, suggesting that both did not start life out together. Please feel free to post close up pictures of the cross.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

hello again mr. Tony
    I have uploaded better pictures of the order. Looking deeper on the thread started by you regarding the Order of PR I found the closest analogy in another piece posted by the user jaxmon. (page 9 bottom of the page on the thread). I am quite sure it is the same manufacturer. The question is whether is old or modern repro?
    Now I am extremely curious to find out more about this type of copy
    Best regards
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polonia restituta commander   polonia restituta commander  

polonia restituta commander  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2