Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Wz.28 bayonet or bad fake?

Article about: Im wondering of anyone can give me an idea if the following stated Wz.28 Bayonet could well be legitimate, it has no flash guard. Regards Cenowski

Default Possible Wz.28 bayonet or bad fake?

Im wondering of anyone can give me an idea if the following stated Wz.28 Bayonet could well be legitimate, it has no flash guard.Possible Wz.28 bayonet or bad fake?Possible Wz.28 bayonet or bad fake?

Regards

Cenowski

It appears possible but I'd like to see more pics of the grips, screws, pommel and blade. Overall bayonet pics of both sides and closeups of the screws and pommel from all sides.

Any blade measurements available?

Unfortunately the only other picture i have is this one Possible Wz.28 bayonet or bad fake?

Its said to be a 10" Blade having walnut grips, whether that just been taken from somewhere as info or the person knows what wood it is i am not sure

Cenowski, overall it looks to possibly be a simplified wz.28 but I have some concerns about the Radom stamp and the pommel seems shiny in comparison to the blade and ricasso. Are the grip screws parkarized? Any visible tiny control marks on the screws? It may be legit or a put together. Hard to say.

Can you examine it in person?

Not really, i am not close to where the item is. What is your concerns with the Radom stamp? I am interested to know because i have no idea on how it should look.

It may be the angle of the photo or perhaps its just me but the 'R' in Random seems a bit tilted an the 'O' seems off a bit too.In other photos, the Radom name seems very uniformly stamped.

Again I might be making "much (some) ado about nothing".

Ask the seller if there are tiny acceptance markings on the grip screws.

I can't see anything suspisious, looks quite ordinary ...