Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Let's see...
    Dywizjon Artylerii Konnej in Lipczynski's version
    My Dziadek was in the 4 DAK!!! Nice!! How nuch would one of these be worth out of interest?

?

Quote by michal79 View Post
    My Dziadek was in the 4 DAK!!! Nice!! How nuch would one of these be worth out of interest?
    Around $ 300

Around $ 300
    Oh cool, keep me in mind if you ever see one pop up anywhere. I'd love to have one to go with his 1939 participation and victory medals. Is it the WW1 time badge which is super expensive?

?

Quote by michal79 View Post
    Oh cool, keep me in mind if you ever see one pop up anywhere. I'd love to have one to go with his 1939 participation and victory medals. Is it the WW1 time badge which is super expensive?
    Those badges were established on May 20th, 1922, after Polish-Bolshevik war.
    There is one available at allegro.pl Odznaka Dywizjonu Artylerii Konnej (3585037475) - Allegro.pl - Wi But I'd be careful about that badge. Pennant colors appear to be reversed on that one.

. . . There is one available at allegro.pl Odznaka Dywizjonu Artylerii Konnej (3585037475) - Allegro.pl - Wi But I'd be careful about that badge. Pennant colors appear to be reversed on that one.
    Michal, I wouldn't be in too much hurry to buy this one. Aside from the doubts about authenticity the condition is very weak, and price at a 1000PLN opening bid is well over the top. Personally I would not give this badge a second look. Move on.

Pre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge thread

These are not particularly rare badges. I recommend taking your time and awaiting one that you'll be happy with, such as a marked Nagalski like this:

Pre-war Badge thread

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Guys,
    I will wait until something in the condition above is available as per Tony's suggestion.
    Below is the only one I have seen before, is this one earlier or later than the one above?

Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  

Hi Michal,

Sorry for delayed reply to your post but recently I was extremely busy. The picture attached by you presents the enameled version of DAK badge (colloquially called "officer's"). In my opinion DAK badges are rather popular (one of the most popular pre-WWII badge), especially soldier's version. You can find a lot of variants made by many producers - Grabski, Lipczynski, Nagalski, etc. The enameled versions were also produced by many makers but generally they are much more valuable, especially when they are in good condition.

Kind regards,
    Jacek

My favourite version of DAK badge is made by Nagalski.

Below you can find pictures of it:

Pre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Jacek

Re post #32 & #33 here:
    The Makers: Gontarczyk, Knedler, Nagalski, Grabski, Reising, Buszek, Krupski i Matulewicz . . .

Stanisław Reising made Straż Graniczna (Border Guard) badge. Two part construction with the main component being stamped in thick metal that appears to be silver (not tested). No maker mark or silver proof. It has unusual opaque rather than the more comonly seen translucent red enamel in the border marker. Another uncommon variation is the gold plated crown and talons.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Dear Tony,

Unfortunately, this wonderful cased badge of Border Guard is not in my possession. In fact it was my great defeat - I was only few seconds late with "buy it now" option... and someone else was happy new owner of this beautiful item. When I am writing this post my heart is beating faster and faster once again....

The only one picture of the reverse, which was attached you can find below this post:

Pre-war Badge thread

and as we can see, it is profile stamped version, so different from yours.

Cheers,
    Jacek

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast