Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that you just missed adding this beauty to your collection. I feel your pain! Was it a recent sale? Allegro? May I ask what the sale price was?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony,

Just to let you know newly listed on Allegro silver Border Guards Badge, link below:

Odzn. Stra

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi once again,

When I have seen this Border Guard badge first time at eBay it was still available, after visiting its website and checking pictures with all details I was decided to buy it, but unfortunately after logging in to my eBay account the badge was sold... so I was really few seconds late....

It was sold from Romania and the new owner is from Canada.

Pre-war Badge thread

Kind regards,
    Jacek

The badge from Allegro, which was mentioned by Andrzejku is very similar to this one presented by Tony - the same non-transparent red enamel and very similar green enamel with in fact the only one difference - hallmarks on the reverse.

Cheers,
    Jacek

Please find enclosed pictures of my Border Guard Badge, unfortunately not so beauty as that one, which I have missed:

Pre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge thread

Cheers,
    Jacek

And the reverse of the silver one (profile stamped) but also without any hallmarks, what means that Reising produced both types of Border Guard Badges (profile stamped and smooth reverse) in silver with hallmarks and without:

Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Jacek

Quote by JacekMed View Post
    And the reverse of the silver one (profile stamped) but also without any hallmarks, what means that Reising produced both types of Border Guard Badges (profile stamped and smooth reverse) in silver with hallmarks and without . . .
    Thanks Jacek. My understanding is that some badge makers occasionally opted out of the obligatory assay office submission (where they would stamp the hallmark if the metallurgical content met the producer's claim) in order to keep costs down. Evidently Reising was one of those shops.

Here's my other SG, same production lot as your it appears:

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by JacekMed View Post
    Hi once again,

When I have seen this Border Guard badge first time at eBay it was still available, after visiting its website and checking pictures with all details I was decided to buy it, but unfortunately after logging in to my eBay account the badge was sold... so I was really few seconds late....

It was sold from Romania and the new owner is from Canada.

Pre-war Badge thread

Kind regards,
    Jacek
    Thanks for posting the auction listing. Wow - super price! The seller could have asked double that and likely received it swiftly. Some lucky Canadian based buyer (not me ) is one happy chap for sure.

Cheers,
    Tony

Greetings.
    I'm trying to get the distinctive Polish Army Expert Marksman. who can send me a photo of the current distinguished and where I can buy it. They appreciate.

Hello GIJunny, and welcome to the forum

I'm not certain which specific badge you are after as there were several different ones issued during the Polish 2nd Republic to acknowledge firearm proficiency.

This series of badges were issued by the Polish National Rifle Association in four classes. It was officially accepted by the Polish Army in 1931. 30mm diameter. Various makers. Enameled and non-enameled.

• Marksman Badge
    • Rifle Badge First Class (Gold)
    • Rifle Badge Class II (Silver)
    • Badge Rifle Class III (Bronze).

The one pictures here is a second class. The first class has a gold wreath mounted to the lower part of the enameled target.

Pre-war Badge thread

The next series of badges were official Polish Army issues, authorized in 1932.

Here’s the Sniper Badge, issued in three classes – gold, silver and bronze. Very nicely designed badge. 32mm diameter. Bronisław Grabski of Łódź was a know producer.

Pre-war Badge thread

This is the Marksmanship badge, also issued in three classes – gold, silver and bronze. 30mm diameter. Wiktor Gontarczyk of Warsaw was a producer.

Pre-war Badge thread

Lastly is the Machine Gunner proficiency badge. I believe awarded in one grade only. 30mm diameter.

Pre-war Badge thread

Quote by GIJunny View Post
    . . . where I can buy it. . . .
    Your best bet is to keep an eye out on the internet auction sites, with Allegro being the most likely place to find one. The Rifle Association badges are the most common, especially in the lower classes. Be sure to post pictures of anything you find here to get an opinion on authenticity.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast