Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

?

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Let me show you this:
    Military Forces of the North - "The Northern Cross"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

very nice,,,

Very nice items, Jaxmon!

37th Leczycki Infantry Regiment Officer's Badge

I saw this in a dealer's case at a show a few weeks ago, and I was put off by the enamel damage. Then I turned it over and discovered that it was the very rare N. J. Szurmak version. Any others I have seen have always been by Grabski.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Last edited by JazzKatDaddy; 03-01-2010 at 10:27 AM.

3mk
    ?

Very Nice!
    I would love to own such a badge.

?

Badge looks good I think the spinner is not a part of this badge. I do not agree it was ever made by Szurmak. Badges of 37 PP were made by Br. Grabski or P. Bobkowicz.

3mk
    ?

Also was the Northern Cross made by Gontarczyk?I bought one on ebay a while ago really cheap and It came with a original Gontarczyk spinner but Im not sure if its original or not,The back looks completly different then yours Jaxmon,Mine does not show the cross through the back like yours does (Hope I dont sound confusing I didnt know how to word it)

Regards
    Emil

?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Also was the Northern Cross made by Gontarczyk?I bought one on ebay a while ago really cheap and It came with a original Gontarczyk spinner but Im not sure if its original or not,The back looks completly different then yours Jaxmon,Mine does not show the cross through the back like yours does (Hope I dont sound confusing I didnt know how to word it)

Regards
    Emil
    As far as I know, Gontarczyk was involved mostly in regimental badges. Northern Cross, I know, was made by Krakow's engravers: Zajac or Trebacz, but commmemorative badges could have been made by anyone.
    I think what you try to say is, your badge lacks characterictics of profile-stamping or die-stracking. Let us see your badge and we can share our opinions.
    Simon

Actually, the 37 P.P. Szurmak disk is correct. This version is known to Polish collectors, but it is very seldom seen, so, it is not surprising that this version is not pictured in the Sawicki reference book. Close examination of the badge will show one that this version differs from the Grabski and Bobkowicz types.

3mk
    ?

Here are pictures of my badge,
    Also I need a good reference book,Can anyone reccomend me 1?
    Thanks

P.s sorry for the bad pictures

Pre-war Badge thread  

Cool Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Not a good idea to take photos in a tanning booth, Emil.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast