Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Hi everyone,

This is wonderful example of genuine and numbered badge of this Silesian regiment, which means that it is issued badge. Congratulations because we can encounter mainly unnumbered badges.

Regards,
    Jacek

Agreed with Jacek. Beautiful badge Piwo!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hey Fellas,

One of the few pieces of hardware from my grandfather (Aleksander Rylke) is attached. It is a badge from the military academy he attended, Kadet Korpus No 2 at Modlin. He was there for 5 years, graduating in 1927 before attending the Cavalry Officer's School in Grudziadz, then 14 Pułk Ułanow Jazłowieckich. The reverse has been engraved with the number 21, not sure what that means. Any suggestions?

I'm assuming these are pretty scarce?

Pre-war Badge thread

Here is his cap badge from the Kadet Korps as well

Pre-war Badge thread

regards,

andy
    Last edited by Rylke Flakelar; 04-02-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Hi Andy, I can answer that the “21” is the sequential serial number. So evidently your grandfather was one of the earlier students enrolled. I can also add that it is a scarcely seen badge.

What I cannot answer is why the pictures are being rotated 180 degrees - ??

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hey Tony,

Funniest thing about the images being upside down, is that I even tried to fake out the server by posting an upside down picture, but even that came out wrong. Anyway…

Hi Andy, strange indeed! I've saved your images to my computer and slightly edited to remove some background and then reposted into your original post. Seems to have worked.

Cheers,
    Tony

Great, thanks Tony.

I've been trying to find one of these badges online, but haven't seen anything that looks exactly like this one.

This is the one I do see for 2KK

Pre-war Badge thread

But not the one I have. Do you know anything about these badges?

andy

Yes, there were two types, with yours being the earlier and much scarcer version. It was superseded in 1929 by the second type, which were produced by well known makers Adam Nagalski and Bronislaw Grabski.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

On May 24. 2014 ANtykwariat Numizmatyczny in Warsaw will hold an auction. Featured are a few very interesting badges and orders. Here I attached pictures of LOPP honor badge made in gold by Stanislaw Reising. Starting price is 7000 PLN (~2500 USD).
    Note: Spinner is enameled with maker inscription
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread  Pre-war Badge thread 

Sold at today's DESA auction in Kraków: Odznaka pamiątkowa Dywizjonu Huzarów Śmierci (Commemorative badge of the Hussars of Death Division): 21000PLN = 6901USD = 4050GBP

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread

Regards,
    Tony

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast