Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

?

I found it! This is a hat eagle worn by railwaymen. Communist period.

CQE
    ?

Default Re Post 411

Lwow Badges Cont.
    Re POST 411, 412 & 413
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

CQE
    ?

Cont.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

CQE
    ?

Cont

Some fine looking badges there. Nice collection. Thanks for sharing

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

CQE
    ?

Default Krzyoploty

Thank you Tony. Please accept my next contribution to this Forum:

Cross of the Battle at Krzywoploty and Zaleze

The Battle of Krzywoploty took place on November 14, 1914, near the village of Krzywoploty. Two battalions of 1st Regiment of Polish Legions in World War I clashed with the Imperial Russian Army.
    The battle, which lasted for two days, was a success for the Legions, as they managed to halt a local Russian offensive. Polish losses were heavy, with 46 killed and 131 either injured or captured. All victims, Polish, Austrian and Russian, were buried in a cemetery at Bydlin.
    Jozef Pilsudski called the battle “our Thermopylae”,
    The Battle of Krzywoploty is commemorated on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Warsaw, with the inscription
    "KRZYWOPLOTY 14 XI 1914".

CQE
    ?

Default Rokitna

Badge of the Rokitna Charge - Prawym Rycerzom

The Charge of Rokitna (Polish: Szarża pod Rokitną) was a charge of a cavalry squadron of the 2nd Brigade of Polish Legions.
    It took place on June 13, 1915 near the village of Rokitna. A Polish squadron of 70 uhlans, led by Rittmeister Zbigniew Dunin-Wasowicz,
    attacked positions of the Imperial Russian Army. The battle resulted in a Polish pyrrhic victory: out of 70 soldiers, Poles lost 17 KIA and 23 wounded.

Jurek,

This is a Commemorative Badge.
    The real badge of Rokitna is super rare. I have only seen one genuine one in my Life. There were if my memory is correct 63 Badges made and they broke the mold. On the back of the Badge there was a name and a number.

CQE
    ?

Tomasz,

Yes, this is a Commemorative and real badge, 1915 - 1916. That "super rare" is Krzyz Rokitnianski (The "Rokitna Cross") also Commemorative!

Ułan 2 pułku (Władysław Waroczewski), zaprojektował w 1917 roku Krzyż Rokitniański, pamiątkową odznakę, która miała uczcić poległych i uhonorować żyjących uczestników szarży. Żyjącym rokitniańczykom wręczono Krzyże w drugą rocznicę szarży 13 czerwca 1917 roku, w Mińsku Mazowieckim, gdzie wówczas stacjonował 2 pułk ułanów.
    Za poległych i zmarłych Krzyże otrzymały ich rodziny.
    W Muzeum Narodowym w Krakowie znajduje się Krzyż Rokitniański nr 1, przyznany poległemu dowódcy dywizjonu rtm. Zbigniewowi Dunin-Wąsowiczowi - see photo.

On the Rokitna subject, please see also commemorative, zinc medal (or medalion) by J Raszka, 1916. Made in Vienna by Schneider Brothers.

All together we have 3 commemorative and real pieces: The Cross, the oval badge and the medalion. Obiously I own only lesser 2 pamiatki.

Best regards,
    Jurek

Jurek,

I have seen the Cross marked #1.

I have a problem with it. Here is why :

This Cross is the most exclusive Cavalry Badge, for there were no badges for Somosierra.

This Cross was crafted by old Polish 19th Century Firm, Bracia Lopienscy, started in 1862 and still in business. They are known for super high quality items, won many awards.

This is a three part badge, and what is holding the Eagle on the Cross ?

The wires on the back of the wreath, these are ugly and sloppy finished comparing to the other badges by Bracia Lopienscy.

Look on the back of the "Soltys" badge made by them .

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast