Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Here is a picture of the back of a genuine Cross :
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 

Pictures of front, and the spinner. Pictures taken with phone, so quality is poor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

And the ugly sticking out wires on #1 would tear up Uniform if one put that Cross on.

CQE
    ?

Tomasz,

there is also a third variant (?) - The Rokitna Cross #56 in excellent Stela's book "POLSKIE ODZNAKI HONOROWE I PAMIATKOWE"
    page 16, four wires are bent inwards!

Another difference is in placing of a number (No):
    #1 Cross has number after the names.
    #56 Cross has number between the names.
    Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Jurek

Jurek,

As I stated before, I have only seen one genuine Rokitna Cross.

I do not have the Stela book, but if the wires are not finished as in the picture I shown, then I have a problem with it also. The Number goes after the names.

This was a limited run of Crosses, to this day for Polish Cavalry collectors this is the Holy Grail.

CQE
    ?

Re #411 - LWOW

Tadeusz Rutowski - wiceprezydent Lwowa, zasłużony dla obrony miasta w czasie inwazji rosyjskiej 1914-1915

Medal autorstwa J. Raszki wydany przez Naczelny Komitet Narodowy w 1915 r.

Best regards,
    Jurek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

CQE
    ?

1915 LWOW
    Komitet Opieki dla Zolnierzy Polskich

Best regards,
    Jurek

Hi Guys,

my first small addition to this thread: badge of Szkoła Podoficerów Piechoty dla Małoletnich Nr 2 in Grudziądz (Infantry N.C.O. School for Teenagers No 2).

Badge looks to be form the period, but I am not sure, if this screwdisc has originally belonged to it.

regards
    Tomasz

Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 

And here is one of the few versions of commemorative badge to Front Litwesko-Białoruski 1919-1920: two-piece construction, without enamel.

Hi Tom,

Re your question about the authenticity of the junior school badge, Grabski is noted in the W. Mos reference as a maker of the 2nd and 3rd School badges. I don’t have any good images of the badges though and have never owned one of these. Best I can offer is that I don’t see any immediate problems with yours, and I also don’t think these are a hot commodity for the copiers to want to reproduce. So a cautious thumbs up.

Good looking Lithuanian-White Russian Front badge. The spinner might be a replacement though - ??

Thanks for sharing your badges.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast