Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Hi Grosz, sorry I cannot shed any light on this for you. This is a rather scarce badge, and as you know the pinback style fastening is not typical for Polish military badges of the era. Let’s hope another member chimes in with something for you. Best wishes.

Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

early badge, but without circle with dates
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 

?

Thank you very much, I found some more information on the badge and branches border guards.
    Regards

?

Recently this interesting grouping came on my radar - 3 engineer badges and pre-war 2nd Air Force Group (2 Pulk Lotniczy) badge. Allegedly belonged to engineer NCO who graduated Lviv flight engineering course 1934-35 and NCO school of the 2nd Air Force Group in Cracow. After 1939 evacuated to France.

My considerations:
    There are also diplomas and photos in this lot, which look genuine to me
    One engineer badge, the one with missing screw, looks like a crude copy - but it can be French workshop made?
    2PL badge has no number, enamel looks strange, nut with no markings - I never seen this type before

I would much appreciate your advice...

Pre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge threadPre-war Badge thread

Hi Esco, Despite the weak pics I don’t see any immediate problems with the two Knedler’s. The one with the backing plate looks quite good, but better pictures would be necessary to be more conclusive. The cast “warsztatowy” badge may actually be UK made, dating from the time of the arrival of the Poles from France. The workshops were producing cast replacement badges for those lost by the fleeing airmen and crews. This topic and several examples of these badge are covered in the PSZ section of forum. As far as 2nd air Force Regiment, first time I am seeing one like this. It does appear to be a copy, although more research required (I’m away from my references at the moment).

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi,

please look at this KaniĂłw cross (2. Korpus Wschodni = 2nd Eastern Corps). For me it is right, the only problem is a manufacturing error: a "bridge" between lower part of the left sword and under cross arm.

What are you opinions? Or has anybody noticed same error on other piece?

greetings
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Hi Tomasz, Ideally, I'd like an in-hand inspection. The unusual "bridge" flaw is unusual, but otherwise no apparent issues. It's in a very good state of preservation, with the majority of the silver plating intact. It's good to see some of the brass substrate peeking through at the high points.

Pics of mine below. A serial numbered all brass version with no evidence of any silver wash. Perhaps an earlier issue? Note the spinner text differences.

Regards,
    Tony

?

One for keeps... 1 Podhalanski Rifle Regiment by Adam Nagalski in white metal

?

One more for keeps... 48 Kresowy Riflemen Regiment, officer's version in silver. Missing spinner unfortunately.

?

Hi guys, that's supposed to be a prewar air gunner badge. Is it original, or is it bad? Have only these photos. Thanks!

Pre-war Badge thread  

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast