Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Itakdalej, nice looking document – and rare!

Quote by dastier View Post
    Is there such a thing as a genuine Bulak-Balachowicz Cross - please explain? What is the history of this award if you don't mind me asking?
    Yes, the award did exist – formally called the “The Cross of Bravery of the Former Volunteers”. Established by General Stanisław Bułak-Bałachowicz for awarding to all of the members of his volunteer army for their combat against the Red Army in between 1917 and 1920. He called the recipients “The Knights of Death”. There were essentially two grades, the standard issue on a ribbon, and the higher grade, the “Star of the Knights of Death” awarded for exceptional meritorious service. This was not an officially recognized national decoration. Not surprisingly, these have been widely copied over the years.

First up I'll post the standard cross and award document. The cross was produced by various makers. Two types of award documents and thre cross types, one by Krupski i Matulewicz marked "KiM".

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

And here’s an ultra rare “Star of the Knight Of Death” with the motto on the center disc "For Our and Your Freedom". This set was up for sale back in Feb 2008 for a tidy 55,000 zl (~$18,000 US).

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

here is a document for a "Star of death" 2nd class.
    It belongs to my younger brother, i am hoping to swindle him out of it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  

Another document: this is the Cross of Volhynia, 2nd class. Also belongs to my brother. I really like it, beautiful award document.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  

?

Newest find... without original W. Buszek spinner.

Itakdalej, beautiful award documents. Rarely seen. You'll have to get to work on that brother of yours . . .

Jaxmon, thanks for your post. I recall seeing this auction recently. Here's a complete Buszek badge from an auction sale some years back. Interesting to note the differences. Very seldom seen badge.

Regards,
    Tony

Pre-war Badge thread  

the circleshaped overlay of 12 PAL seems to be a copy so I have doubt ab the whole, that's why I didn't bid...

Quote by rotmeister View Post
    the circleshaped overlay of 12 PAL seems to be a copy ...
    Here's a closer side by side look
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 

Here is my 1st Legion Brigade badge.

Pre-war Badge thread  

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here's a closer side by side look
    I see the differences. But still very well done badge. A lot of attention to details.

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast