Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

?

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Quote by Zbycho View Post
    Collar insignia of the Podhale Rifles Regiment, until 1939. Very nice, but I think it is just a copy.
    No big loss if it is, it was free with some German tinnies, we didn't know what it was.
    Pete

Here’s a rare beauty – the officer’s badge of the Army Geographic Institute Topography School, made by Warsaw based Stanisław Lipczyński. Up for public auction in several hours in Kraków. Opening bid . . . 15000 PLN = 4733 USD = 2936 GBP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Wow, lots of detail in that badge and a wonderful design! Looks to be in great condition too. Too bad about the "opening" cost, even if it is a value, it's out of reach to most.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Certainly out of reach for me! It'll be interesting to see if it sells. Stay tuned . . .
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Certainly out of reach for me! It'll be interesting to see if it sells. Stay tuned . . .
    This is the problem with "working" for a living We should have learned to sing and dance.LOL Please post results of auction, if you get a chance.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Too right! A job aint nothin' but a lot of work!
    What a beautiful badge. They dont make them like that any more.

Hi Tony,

It is indeed one of the finest badges produced pre - 1939, I caught the auction half way through, there were quite a number of lots unsold including the above.

Thanks for posting

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Here is my Gwiazda Slaska (Sileasian Star). A larger piece (90mm x 90mm), four-piece construction with clasp suspension. Makers of Silesian stars included J. Walenta of Krakow and Galmet-Sosnowiec among others. Typically, these stars are seen with a screw-back suspension. Does anyone have information about the maker of this variant with rear clasp suspension?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  

?

That is beautiful.

Wonderful star Patryk I can't recall ever encountering that type of clasp. And the coinstruction is very unusual and interesting.

Posted below is a more conventional full size version of this star, is rare storage case.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread  

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast