Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Pre-war Badge thread

Article about: by rsunday Hello, Maybe it's Latvian? Rafal Yes, it might be...

Default Re: Pre-war Badge thread

Here’s a pic stumbled upon while surfing web images. A Knedler pilot’s wing with very rarely seen case. Not sure I’m big on the snakeskin look, but wouldn’t quibble should such a set be offered up!

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

[QUOTE=A.J. Zawadzki;565599]Wonderful star Patryk I can't recall ever encountering that type of clasp. And the coinstruction is very unusual and interesting.

Thanks Tony! It is a seldom encountered variant. Although I have seen these with various other suspension devices, such as blades and prongs - just like the Polonia Restituta Star. The variant showed in its presentation box is a beauty! Some of the Silesian crosses and commemorative badges are absolutely stunning.

Default Defenders of the Eastern Borderlands badge

Here's my 'Defenders of the Eastern Borderlands' badge.

Pre-war Badge thread

Pre-war Badge thread
    Last edited by dastier; 05-26-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Mike, good looking badge with original spinner. Low serial number!

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Some good pics taken from a current auction for the badge of the 72nd Infantry Regiment. Enameled officer grade, stamped in silver. Opening price set at 5000zl !

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

Hi, Tony
    A great sign, look through it at an auction for this seller a lot of good signs and good photos that can be taken for the archive.
    Regards,
    Denis

?

may latest acquisition: 18 Lancers Regiment in soldier's version
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war Badge thread   Pre-war Badge thread  

3mk
    ?

Very nice 18 Lancers Regiment badge, congrats on picking it up! Does anyone know the makers of the 76 Pulk Piechoty badge? Is there a original version of the badge without DUBICZE written on the top? If anyone owns any version of the badge please feel free to share.

?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Very nice 18 Lancers Regiment badge, congrats on picking it up! Does anyone know the makers of the 76 Pulk Piechoty badge? Is there a original version of the badge without DUBICZE written on the top? If anyone owns any version of the badge please feel free to share.
    There were 2 types of 76 Infantry Regiment badges:
    1st established in 1922 with inscription WILNO 5 ST 1919 (date of founding), made bay Teodor Filipski of Wilno.
    2nd established in 1938 with inscriptions DUBICZE (battlefield of Ludwik Narbutt's unit during Insurrection of 1863, hence his patronage of the regiment); initials LN (Ludwik Narbutt) and 1919 WILNO (date of founding). This version was made by Jozef Michrowski of Warsaw.
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre-war Badge thread 

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Does anyone know the makers of the 76 Pulk Piechoty badge? Is there a original version of the badge without DUBICZE written on the top? If anyone owns any version of the badge please feel free to share.
    Hi Emil, the 76th badges existed in two version. The earlier larger version was produced by Teofil Filipski of Wilno, and the revised version (with Dubicze added) was by Józef Michrowski of Warsaw. I used to own an earlier version but swapped it away some years back for a needed Cross of Valour variant. In hindsight the other guy got the much better deal! Both versions of this badge are quite rare.

Regards,
    Tony

PS Picture below taken from the Krzysztof Filipow reference “Odznaki pamiątkowe Wojska Polskiego 1921- 1939 – Piechota”, Warszawa 1995

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast